Epson 7600 dampers

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
That appears to be some cross contamination between ink channels - a possible leakage between ink channels in the printhead is a possible cause.

stg

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
That appears to be some cross contamination between ink channels - a possible leakage between ink channels in the printhead is a possible cause.
I didn't want to mention that but black in the yellow sounds like my old 1500w where I faced the Epson head problem of mixed colors inside the head, caused by a crack in the separator between the ink channels.
Pro7600 is a big machine with different head and I don't know if that issue is applicable. Also some good nozzle tests are reported and if they don't see black in yellow anymore, probably that nasty issue is not present.
More info about it can be found here:
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3865136

locout

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 7600
Many thanks for the link. We'll look at it in detail. I do have a general question about mounting the print head on majic bullit. Some say it's not a good idea and others say otherwise. This morning we only had the light black missing a few spots and we thought we might do the above mentioned process however we're hesitant. Any suggestions?

locout

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 7600
I just read the rest of the links and after re-seating the dampers, the black is gone from the yellow. Yippee!!