Epson 1500w waste ink pump issue

Ircoony

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1500w
Hello,

Since yesterday my Epson 1500w isn't pumping the waste ink away. Instrad it is bubling foam up. In have cleaned the tube to the waste ink reservoir (external) and can push air through tube (the pad bubles foam). Is it possible that the pump is broken and is this something you can easely fix yourself? I have an old 1400 with the same pump. Of does anyone have other tips to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Koen

Screenshot_2020-03-28-08-46-06-275_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hmm... best I can suggest is to try removing the side panel (as you did when you installed your waste kit) and take some time to check for signs of ink waste anywhere internally...

... then soak the capping station (that bit you took a photo of) and run a single head clean while you look through the side of the printer to look for leaks, etc..

If there's any leakage, bubbling, etc... then your waste ink line may have split, or the tube has somehow pinged off somewhere. If the water stays there than the pump may not be working at all... It's hard to say...

Replacement of the waste system isn't something I've done myself but it is doable with the service manual so you could give it a try... or look for a spares/repair machine that has a gunked printhead and just switcheroo your working head to that and go that route?

Not sure how much help that's going to be but let us know how you get on.