Epson 1400 Dirty Printout

danswano

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson RX640 1400 R230 S22
Hello,
I got my brand new Epson 1400 with CISS and installed it properly,
After running few head cleans the nozzle always perfect but the print is always fuzzy, dirty and the text is unclear.
Tried all the suggestions here https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pho22_/pho22_rf/trble_2.htm#blurry or smeared printout b
But it didn't work for me.

Any ideas what could possible cause this and an other solutions not provided by Epson official help?

Tried many types of papers and the ink i'm using is being used on other 2 printers and it's fine.

Thanks.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
For starters no Epson site would help you with problem solving while you have a CISS installed on your printer.

It’s quite possible that you have installed your CISS incorrectly, it may need a bit more adjustment to get it to work properly.

The tubing can cause the print head to flutter and shake on its travel across the carriageway by banging into the sides or the top lid while in a print run, you are the only one who can trouble shoot this problem.

Keep the top lid open while you watch it printing a sheet and try to find the most lightly spot where the tubing is being trapped or compressed, also double check the all of the tubing is firmly held in place..

danswano

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
I've noticed that the Encoder strip is a little flabby but the head is moving properly i guess, does the encoder strip affect the print quality like making double line, shadows, grain etc ....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This encoder strip does effect the print quality big time so if it gets dirty (Spots of ink) then it will need cleaning, it can cause gaps and lines in the print but it doesn’t affect the fussiness of an image.

Question: I taught it was supposed to be a new printer so how can the encoder strip have gotten so dirty that quickly.. ?

danswano

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
I got it fixed, the encoder strip from the left was not in place and it was hard to see it but i sorted it out, thank you dear for your kind replies. :)