ECOTANK ET-7750 ink contamination or something else?

8rnity

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ECOTANK ET-7750
hello, I'm an owner of Epson ECOTANK ET-7750, and I'm really confused about my problem.

printer started to have some ink "contamination" on magenta and some time on yellow other colors.
both at the same time these colors are prone to have some nozzle issue. meanwhile others rarely have.
this is very strange as printer is about new, 669 color pages only and rarely used.

printing some magenta pages and printer starts to work better
as well as cleaning head, but someting still remain
the power cleaning method resolve for some time

hope some suggestion. thank you very much

Epson_17012020192657.jpg
20200117_203230.jpg

Last edited:

8rnity

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ECOTANK ET-7750
thank you, yes, I'm doing this meanwhile, why do you think so radical? you guess some big trouble?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Epson support would recommend you to run several cleaning cycles via the driver, and if that doesn't fix the problem I would not spend too much more effort as long as the printer is covered by warranty. Every cleaning cycle adds some waste ink to the waste ink container which is not very large in this printer model. Epson service may ask you to run an 'ink charge' once as the last option, that flushes all ink tubes and adds 20+% to the waste ink reservoir.
You may look for the WICReset utility which lets you to read out the counter for the waste ink tank, and the status report may show some other critical events. It let you run as well the Ink Charge function.

8rnity

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ECOTANK ET-7750
so you think is head related and not some ink inside, example the sponge or blade, that dirty some nozzle?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
just run a cleaning cycle and another nozzle check to check for any changes

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The capping station (the bit where the printhead sits when it's resting or being cleaned) is looking a little gunked up so you may want to get a little cleaning solution (if you have any) and some kitchen/paper towel to mop up that area, then use a cotton-bud (Q-tip) to gently clean the wiper blade as well. That might help reduce the gunk and stop the minor contamination that you're seeing.

The ET-7750 has a maintenance box for its waste ink pads and the ink dumps into that from above. As such it shouldn't be clogging up in a way that causes back-flows but it's probably worth checking by: Switching the printer off and then removing the box to check that it hasn't formed a gunk barrier at the top of the pads.

8rnity

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ECOTANK ET-7750
thank you, worth try it before send to service. I'll clean and try again, just to know for future.

sometime in the past I turned off power source without use button first, maybe some ink dirt is there, where shouldn't be.. maybe it didn't allow to park heads right..

I'll keep you informed for reference

CapoKees

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
I sometimes have the same probleem with my ET-7700, some black spots on my prints.
I solve this by unplug the printer with the maincord when the printhead is moving, I can move the printhead then by hand to the leftside and clean the pad at the right side with kitchenpaper, this works very good.
Wish you all good printing,
Kees

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a thought but spotting on paper and/or a soiled capping station (the resting area for the printhead) is a key symptom of a CIS system that is over-pressured. You may want to review the ink levels in your reservoirs and potentially reduce the reservoir volume so each is below the marked line.