ECOTANK ET-7750 ink contamination or something else?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just as a further aside, I just remembered that the Epson reservoir designs are more aimed at not allowing ink to leak out of the vent channel. There is absolutely no pressure offset like the standard CIS Marriott bottle design so the Ecotank printers are sensitive to there being too much ink in the reservoirs.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't think so, I have/had verious L.. and ET.. printers in use and took some apart, the air is fed to the bottom of the ink container, that's below the nozzle plate level, there is a pressure differential of a few cm, but this only works as long as the refill openings are closed during operation, with a rubber plug or with the cover on the ink compartment.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Dangit... Ok... thanks for the catch... I'll have to go back to my photos and work out what I was seeing..

8rnity

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ECOTANK ET-7750
hello again! you all your help was resolutive. I bought cleaning solution and with cotton-bud I cleaned all parts that were dirty. the resolution was immediate. no more spots nor color cross contamination. thank you very much, without your taughts I wasn't enough sure to do it.

thank you again

Edit:

houst1380

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Eco Tank 7750
hello again! you all your help was resolutive. I bought cleaning solution and with cotton-bud I cleaned all parts that were dirty. the resolution was immediate. no more spots nor color cross contamination. thank you very much, without your taughts I wasn't enough sure to do it.

thank you again

Edit:
Good evening, I am having the same problem with the Eco Tank 7750. What cleaning solution did you use @8rnity? I have attached your original image, are the red sections the bits I should be cleaning? Also should the section marked in pink be wet with ink also? Seems to be. Grateful for any advice, driving me crazy!

Attachments

• 20200117_203230.jpg
    20200117_203230.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 496

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There is a weakness with the cleaning unit of this printer model, it does not remove completely pigment ink residue from the cleaning pad, it is building up slowly and touching the printhead from the underside which leaves black stains on the paper. You just can wipe it off and rinse the area slightly with a little bit of water. You don't need to clean the pink area, that's the ink absorber for the overspray since you apparently print borderless.
if you run the WicReset utility you'll see 2 counters for the waste ink - one for the 'regular' waste ink from the cleaning unit and a 2nd counter for this absorber pad.

houst1380

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Eco Tank 7750
There is a weakness with the cleaning unit of this printer model, it does not remove completely pigment ink residue from the cleaning pad, it is building up slowly and touching the printhead from the underside which leaves black stains on the paper. You just can wipe it off and rinse the area slightly with a little bit of water. You don't need to clean the pink area, that's the ink absorber for the overspray since you apparently print borderless.
if you run the WicReset utility you'll see 2 counters for the waste ink - one for the 'regular' waste ink from the cleaning unit and a 2nd counter for this absorber pad.
So basically i just clean the red areas?