Dreaded B200 Error

WHL16

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma5320
I have my Canon MG5320 which I love. I have had it for 7 years or so and it has been a great printer. One reason I enjoy it is I can print on CD labels with this model. So when I got the dreaded B200 error, I tried everything I read to clean the printer head. I ended up purchasing one from China of course after speaking with my local repair shop. Got the print head and it worked for about 5 copies or so and the error returned! What do I do? Is it dumpster time for this printer? I notice that the magenta and black are low , but I don't want to spend the money to replace only to have the B200 error appear again.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Is it dumpster time for this printer?
Sooner of later. The B200 error code spells the end for your printer.

printer head. I ended up purchasing one from China
Unfortunately, print heads from China may be counterfeit. The thieves are quit savvy in making replica packaging. IF possible, only buy a print head from a trusted source, preferably within your country of origin.

Your print head model number is QY6-0080. Canon manufacturers print heads for most of their non-pro models for ~5 years. Your printer came out somewhere around 2011. You may be ablt to source a new print head but the odds are low and it will be expensive, so much so that buying a new printer is a better idea.

WHL16

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma5320
Okay thanks! I just lost $69 on counterfeit printer head. Lesson learned. Any suggestions on another Canon brand to purchase comparable to this one; price range up to $120.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Any suggestions on another Canon brand to purchase comparable to this one; price range up to $120.
Post some details on your printer usage - Besides printing CD's, what else do you print and how much do you use your printer? Do you need an "All-In-One" that also scans and copies?

WHL16

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma5320
Post some details on your printer usage - Besides printing CD's, what else do you print and how much do you use your printer? Do you need an "All-In-One" that also scans and copies?
I print about 10 copies per day, scanning and print pictures so would need color printer.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
A quick Google search found 5 regular Danish sellers of the QY6-0080 print head. Prices were around $100. A British supplier has the print head on sale at £56 = $61, but sadly they don't ship outside the UK. I read on the forum that the best supplier of Canon spare parts in the US is Canon. Maybe it is worth giving them a phone call? New print heads might still be available.

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP7250, TS9150
I've found that buying not original printhead may be delivered with a note saying 'may damage your printer'.
Unless this printer is a must, don't even consider to buy spareparts - buy a new printer if you can find one.
Currently I'm printing A4 photos (200/week) on either a IP7250 or TS9155. Ink for TS9155 is very expencive (6x), and IP7250 is WIFI (sometimes).
I belive I got original spares from above british supplier send to Denmark.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I've found that buying not original printhead
AFAIK, there are no knockoff Canon print heads. The dubious performing print heads out of China are used Canon print heads that are cleaned up, put in counterfeit packaging and sold without informing the buyer they are used, ie presented as if new in original packaging.

note saying 'may damage your printer'.
The forum has had rare reports of an electrically malfunctioning print head may cause an electrical malfunction in the logic assay board and vice versa. This is why the forum will also give a similar caution about trying a known malfunctioning print head in a different printer or installing a new print head into a printer with a potentially malfunctioning logic assay board. The odds, though, are usual malfunctions - eg lack of ink on the page not related to clogs - are just in the print head and a new print head resolves issues.

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP7250, TS9150
stratman said: >-are just in the print head and a new print head resolves issues.<
I find the price of a original printhead being almost the same as the price of a new printer (if you can find one using the same ink).
With the two year 'canonlife' I do not recommend use of spares unless special printer use.
(Have tryed an origial absorber kit exchange - not worth the effort)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I print about 10 copies per day, scanning and print pictures
Along with capability to print CD's, there are a variety of All-In-One printers from Canon. Unfortunately I do not know the quality of these printers and cannot give a knowledgeable recommendation. Hopefully another forum member can.

If you are in the USA, then try PeterBJ's recommendation about calling Canon Sales to see if they have the print head in stock.