Could this be the printhead? yellow ink fading and stops

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
nippynoo just a thought have you got any ink into the maze on the top of the cart. With the German method the maze is at the bottom and over pressuring the cart. any ink in here would effect the flow. I use 2" 20G blunt needles and drill my hole low enough so that I can see the needle run along the bottom of the cart. I use a 1mm drill

If you suspect any ink in the maze you can try blowing down through it. or do what Peterbj suggests purge the cart and refill.

with regard to seating the sponge the usual suggestion is hitting it firmly on a hard surface i.e. desk/worktop rubber would not work.

hope you sort out your problem

BrightGuy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nippynoo said:
The yellow ink fades out, and then doesnt print yellow at all, but the yellow cartridge is full of ink.
Is it the printhead? But the yellow starts printing, so presumably isnt blocked?
Some years ago, yellow starvation occured to me. I replaced almost everything before discover the yellow ink was guilty. Simply, a new batch of yellow ink was bad. Exchanced it and everything went back ok automatically.

nippynoo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've replaced the yellow cartridge with a new Canon OEM one and it now works fine. So many thanks to all who replied. The streaking has gone.

When I need to make a hole in the cartridge for the German method of refilling, I'll be more careful pushing the needle in, because I must have separated the sponges.. or got ink onthe the "maze" as suggested.