Costco Kirkland Paper No Longer In Stores

Doug1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
fotofreek, Costco.com showes 8.5"x11" Kirkland Photo paper as not available. The newer version I saw has a large tulip for the art work on the top cover, not the sailing man.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Next time I'm in the Costco store I'll have someone check their computer for stock levels and orders in the pipeline.

Doug1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
fotofreek and others: The item #'s for the newest version of Kirkland Photo Paper are: 8.5 X11 #503626 and for the 4X6 #503636.
I used my last sheet of 4 year old Swiss made 8.5X11 and compared it to the newest version of 8.5X11, the new version is brighter white (cooler). The lastest version of this photo paper is also brighter than the very fresh Mexican made (older version) 4X6 paper that I have.

Doug

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Plenty of Made In The USA sailing man Kirkland photopaper left at Mayfield Hts., Ohio store as of yesterday.

No change in price.

No sign of tulip-covered box either. Probably the last store to get the new paper. :(

brady38

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
:) Just picked up the NEW Kirkland 4 x 6 paper to test out against the older Mexician paper. There is a large difference between the papers as far as the new is bright white, while the older is more of a cream white. Printing on both using the same Colormunki profile I made of the older Mexician paper, prints the subject matter the same, but the paper color shows thru and adjusts the colors slightly. I have to admit, I like the skin tones of the new Kirkland which gives more of a cooler look rather than the warm look of the older paper. My only problem is I stocked up with the older paper and now have :( 12 boxes of 4x6 and :( 4 boxes of 8.5 x 10.

My Costco has a lot of stock of new Kirkland in both sizes. Well, better to have to much rather than none, as I thought Costco was going to discontinue photo paper.

Thanks for looking

David

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Just went to Costco in South San Franciscso today and saw the new "tulip" packaged glossy photo paper in both sizes. I had to ask a clerk (a miracle when you find one in Costco!) about it as they used to stock the photo paper on the shelves with the inkjet inks and have now moved it to another area with other types of paper.

Red John

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to know if there is possibility of acquiring this type of paper in another shop that is not Costco, since I have tried to register and they ask for a number of member.

Someone knows a shop that sell this paper and send to Spain?

Thanks.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Kirkland is the Costco brand. Although they certainly don't manufacture the paper, they also don't tell who does manufacture it nor do we know under what other brand name the paper might be sold. Their pricing on most products is excellent, but when you add teh shipping costs from the US to Spain you might lose the benefit of their pricing.

drb_52

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
stratman said:
Plenty of Made In The USA sailing man Kirkland photopaper left at Mayfield Hts., Ohio store as of yesterday.

No change in price.

No sign of tulip-covered box either. Probably the last store to get the new paper. :(
Not any more! I just came from there and it's all made in Mexico now. Cost for the 300 sheet 4x6 pack was $13.79 + tax.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
drb_52 said:
stratman said:

No change in price.

Not any more! I just came from there and it's all made in Mexico now. Cost for the 300 sheet 4x6 pack was $13.79 + tax.
Probably Grandad35, Websnail and Mikling flew in from parts unknown and commandeered the last of the USA paper.

;)