Cool trick! How to do nozzle checks as a scheduled task

I just found this, THANKS. Here's what I did to know what was needed to create the batch file in step 7 above.

1) type "hostname" in the cmd prompt - for me "Computer1"
2) type "net view \\Computer1" to get shared printer name - for me "CanoniP4500"

To wit, my batch file is:

net use LPT3: \\Computer1\CanoniP4500
copy /b IP4500.SPL LPT3
net use LPT3: /delete

crenedecotret, thanks for doing this.
 
I got this bat file working however when I tried to get task scheduler to do it I ran into problems.

the copy command wasn't working properly, it needed a full path, like so:

NET USE LPT3: \\5050e\EPSON2200
COPY /B c:\epson\Epson2200NozzleCheck.SPL LPT3
NET USE LPT3: /DELETE
 
Hello from Germany,

this solution is exactly that what i'm searching for. But so far it don't works.

I've got Windows 7.

I see, under "C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS" there is no more a *.spl-file after starting the noozle-test. There are still two files:

1. the .SHD-file

2. a file without an ending. - I think, before Windows 7 that file was the .spl-file

I'v got no LPT-Printer. I've got an USB-Printer. In the "connection settings" the connection calls "USB003"

What changes are necessary?

That's what I tried:

NET USE USB003: \\LOCALHOST\nameoftheprinter
COPY /B mp280 USB003
NET USE USB003: /DELETE

"mp280" i've called the copied file without the ending

Are there any Changes at "LOCALHOST" necessary?
What is to do?

Thanks for your help! I hope you'll understand what i mean.
 
From_Germany
Theres not much to tell you but the batch file may not support USB ports so try copying msmart example below
with your own printer and see if that works for you as it may notice that your printer is on USB3 and not LPT3.
net use LPT3: \\Computer1\CanoniP4500
copy /b IP4500.SPL LPT3
net use LPT3: /delete
Try using LOCALHOST instead of Computer1 also..:)
 
The Hat said:
From_Germany
Theres not much to tell you but the batch file may not support USB ports so try copying msmart example below
with your own printer and see if that works for you as it may notice that your printer is on USB3 and not LPT3.
net use LPT3: \\Computer1\CanoniP4500
copy /b IP4500.SPL LPT3
net use LPT3: /delete
Try using LOCALHOST instead of Computer1 also..:)
It works! Thanks a lot. :)

I added ".spl" on the file altough the file doesn't have the ending .spl. But without the "spl" it doesn't work.

And I changed "USB003" to LPT3. - I don't know why it works, but that's it!

Is this a British or an American Board? Or is it "international"? :)
 
Well, now I want to use the batch-file wit the the "Microsoft Task Scheduler" like MIS Autoprint" it does. E. g. to remember at the noozle-test every week.

But if you execute the batch-file there is absolutly no information about "turn on the printer" and so on...

If the printer is off, the noozle-test is only in the queue of the printer. But there is no information for the user that there is a printing job to do. And so there is no reminder on the noozle-test.
 
From_Germany But if you execute the batch-file there is absolutly no information about "turn on the printer" and so on...
Try using the auto power switch in Properties
Open the Properties Tab, click on Auto Power then set Auto power to Enable
so each time the printer get a print job it will turn on automatically to print,
also set the power off enabled then it will turn off after the specified amount of time..:)
 
The Hat said:
From_Germany But if you execute the batch-file there is absolutly no information about "turn on the printer" and so on...
Try using the auto power switch in Properties
Open the Properties Tab, click on Auto Power then set Auto power to Enable
so each time the printer get a print job it will turn on automatically to print,
also set the power off enabled then it will turn off after the specified amount of time..:)
Well that was my first idea too, but not every printer has an "Auto Power-Funtion". Actually i have a printer from my friend: a brand new Canon MP280 (it's not a good printer). And in the properties of this printer there isn't a possibilty to set the printer to "automatic switch".

I've got an Canon IP4000 too (that's a good and well-known printer!) and in the properties of this printer there is the auto-switch-function. That's always cool because it's comfortable to start a printing job without turn on the printer manually.
 
My MP250 enters standby after some time and only turns on when I send a printjob or when I turn my computer on. I never turn off the printer.
 
Thanks to all, I'm going to oz for 4 months and hopefully will be able to keep my 4800 reasonable with the info here!
 
Back
Top