Computer forum?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Now I can’t even access their web page because of my slow dial up.
Is that with your new Windows 10 computer?

I have not heard that software or websites are designed inaccessible due to dial up slow speed. It would just take longer, especially the 70-some megabyte free trial download. (direct download link here) Consider using someone else's internet connection to download the installation file onto a USB flash drive or burn to CD disk.

Agree with sending an email.

Customer Support web page where you can send an email or have a live chat: https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
I only have dial up now.

Will have to decide whether to go with cable or AT&T DSL.

Dial up on this old computer will barely let me open this forum and will not let me open the link you posted to Malwarebytes.
It is so bad on this forum I can’t mark forums read any more. I click on the spot and it acts like it is going to work but nothing happens.

I am all alone here there is no ones computer to use and the Library is not an option in Birmingham. If I can ever get the new computer connected to high speed Malwarebytes will be the first place to go if my membership is still good. I don’t know what MS will do to the computer when connected.

Edit:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Will have to decide whether to go with cable or AT&T DSL.
Looking at ISP's in the Birmingham area, the usual suspects are available - Spectrum, AT&T, Windstream, etc. Look for promotional offers to decrease your costs. Sometimes you can get a deal that is no advertised if you call directly. Sometimes the better deal is online.

I don’t know what MS will do to the computer when comnected.
Probably updating. Not that big of a deal when you have a speedy internet connection. :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You are welcome, Ron.

Speaking of MS updates, when I went to shutdown my computer I was alerted that an update occurred and the next time I restarted the computer it would install. I just did that now, instead of in the morning. It took three reboots, all initiated by Windows, and about 15-20 minutes. That's with an SSD drive. Probably take longer with a regular hard drive.

So, when you wonder what's going to happen with MS... now you know. Put a pot of coffee on and get comfortable. :caf

Edit:

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Stratman I finally got through to Malwarebytes thanks to your link and my membership is still good.

Thanks again.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You're welcome, Ron. Glad to hear Malwarbytes honored your lifetime subscription. Let us know how the new computer gets along.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
That SSD is it in a tower if so what brand?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
My computer case is a mid-tower made by Corsair. It has room for plenty of large/quiet fans and additional drives and cards, works well with a water cooled CPU set up (also by Corsair), and does not have additional jazzy LED lights that seem popular but I do not want.

I like Samsung SSD drives for their performance and durability, plus Samsung includes a nice utility software called Magician and has a drive migration tool available for free if you were transferring your old drive contents onto the new Samsung SSD. Pricing has never been better for SSD's. All SSD's I have used/installed have been 2.5 inch drives, which can fit in any sized box that accepts hard drives. An SSD drive is one of the best upgrades you can do to refresh an old system or make a new one sing - boot times, application loading, and data searches and writing are stunningly fast.

My thought for you is getting some faster internet speed and getting to know your new computer. I think you will be pleased. If you want to modify at some point then it can be as fun as refilling.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Thanks once I get this computer on line it will need a video card and a Samsung SSD.

The Dell forum says the 7010 will safely take SATA-3/600 SSD whatever that means.