CompuBiz Inkjet

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
I've been looking for that type of clip for a while. Does anyone know if Compubiz ships to canada??

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ordeal in getting reply from inkjetsaver? The first time I send email to enquire about the shipping cost for the item to oversea, I was thankful that I received reply from Eileen. I was still looking at their website to see if there is anything else that I would like to purchase apart from those I had enquired. Subsequently I send a couple of email to them to enquire about the sizes of the clip to ensure I place order on the correct sizes. But I never get any reply back.

I keep checking my mail and wondering if there could be some problem with my mail system such that I never receive any subsequent reply to my enquires from inkjetsaver.

I became very loss as to whether if they will ever process my order if I order the item myself. But thank to one fellow member here who help me to clarify about the items sizes and will be helping to place the order. Otherwise I will never know how I can ever buy them since they don't response to email.

My last email to them was that it was okay in regards to my email enquiries since I received the information from the fellow member who had got their response. I think they had been busy.

I am really so grateful the particular fellow member here (not naming here to give privacy to the member).

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
Maybe these clips are better for transport, because they look smaller and are flexible. Compatible with BCI3(e), BCI-6 and CLI-8/PGI-5.

http://www.druckerpatronentankstell...-AUFBEWAHRUNSCLIPS-TRANSPORTCLIPS--55532.html.
Pharmacist, the acrylic storage clip provide a much better seals than the orange seal holder as show in your link. I had those orange seal holder. Not only can the acrylic storage clip seal the exit port for storage but it can be useful for refilling (esp for those using the traditional top refill method via the reservoir).

jrego7

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I can agree with ron350. I also ordered the cart cases. The quality of the cli/bci carts are poor. though they do hold the cart you have to be careful inserting them. The lip in the case is to short or the length of the case is to long(which ever way you would like to look at it). Anyways is slips if you don't focus on it. Though the pgi-5bk cases i received seem to be better in quality.

yupkime

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Other than the clips, are there any other solutions?
I am finding that electrical tape stretched and fully wrapped once around seems to work well and is cost effective.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You don't want to cover the air vent hole on the top of the cartridge if you use tape because the daily fluctuations in air pressure will end up forcing ink out the outlet port which is what you are trying to prevent. I use about 2.5 inches of tape on one side of the cartridge, down along the outlet port and up the other side, stretched tight so that it seals the outlet port. I use 3M vinyl tape, Scotch 35 because it does not leave a residue like most electrical tapes do.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
You don't want to cover the air vent hole on the top of the cartridge if you use tape because the daily fluctuations in air pressure will end up forcing ink out the outlet port which is what you are trying to prevent. I use about 2.5 inches of tape on one side of the cartridge, down along the outlet port and up the other side, stretched tight so that it seals the outlet port. I use 3M vinyl tape, Scotch 35 because it does not leave a residue like most electrical tapes do.
I always rubberband the original stopper back on and tape (blue masking) over the vent.
Never had a problem with this method and the cart is completely sealed.

RWP

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jflan said:
I always rubberband the original stopper back on and tape (blue masking) over the vent.
... and isn't this the state Canon OEM carts are packaged?

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
RWP said:
jflan said:
... and isn't this the state Canon OEM carts are packaged?
Yep :)
Another shout out to you newbs....save those orange stoppers !!