Compatibles available on eBay now for the new Canon CLI-8 cartridges.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
CanonPhreak said:
Another little trick they use as well...Re-use the chips OR use a non-canon chip and the print speed is slowed down. You can only get full print speed with original canon cartridges.
I'm guessing this is a possible course of action you think they could consider... Frankly I doubt they'd go that route although they could argue that a unknown drying time might require a maximum wait time on things like duplex printing..

In all honesty I think they'd have a hard time legitimising that and it'd be a nail in their legal case if they were to try something quite so "clever".

alchemist

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The CLI-8 chipped cartridges will be here in June. I will be getting protoypes for testing next week.
It is possible to avoid patent infringement issues, but the proof will be if the chips work in all 10 printers that use this family, along with the -5 pigmented black.

High quality ink, when used with a good quality head cleaning cartridge, should not cause any service issues.

Alchemist

AH

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
alchemist said:
The CLI-8 chipped cartridges will be here in June. I will be getting protoypes for testing next week.
It is possible to avoid patent infringement issues, but the proof will be if the chips work in all 10 printers that use this family, along with the -5 pigmented black.

Alchemist
Is there any news updates on the availability of chipped cartridges fot the Canon ip4200 ?

AH

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
Manuchau said:
From everything I've read, it will take a while to see cli-8 compatibles for the newest Canon Printers, but there is an auction on eBay from a dealer in Germany offering them right now.

The dealer is highly rated, and the auction # is 6881826912....check it out. Price is about $3.50 US each.

Anyone know about these...or have tried these????
I was looking around for cli-8 compatibles and found this, I dindt try them myself yet, I hope this give u an idea.

http://www.ink-refills.net/canon-cli-8c-compatible-cartridge.html
http://www.ink-refills.net/canon-cli-8m-compatible-cartridge.html
http://www.ink-refills.net/canon-cli-8y-compatible-cartridge.html
http://www.ink-refills.net/canon-cli-8bk-compatible-cartridge.html
http://www.ink-refills.net/canon-pgi-5-compatible-cartridge.html

davidbailey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Has anybody bought any of these cartridges, if so what is the simple reset procedure mentioned in the instructions enclosed with the cartridge?

AH

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
davidbailey said:
Has anybody bought any of these cartridges, if so what is the simple reset procedure mentioned in the instructions enclosed with the cartridge?
Reset Procedure: Hold the resume button for about 5 seconds.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
lolopr1 said:
The expression "It it looks too good to be true... " springs to mind..

For starters:
10. Our inks are identical to the original Canon inks
Bollocks... Plain and simple...

.. and as for this:
9. This system does not require chips reset nor remove them from printer to get the chips reset.
Which is another way of saying that you'll still have to change the chips over (clever that they left that bit out) and you'll still get the nag screens.

Cynical I know but I doubt very much that a proper solution exists yet...

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the first reference to aftermarket carts did require that you remove the chips from the OEM cart and "transplant" them to the aftermarket cart. Whatever reset they suggest could as well be done with the OEM cart and the price differential is not so great that there is tremendous advantage to purchase their aftermarket carts as a second set. I think I would rather buy a second set of OEM carts, refill them and use them on a rotating basis, and occasionally purge them per Granddad's instructions. Unless you print a very high volume, rotating two sets of carts is really adequate - especially when you can renew them with the purge technique. This can probably get you by for the life of a printhead. Might even be worth it to buy a second ip4200 printer instead of a set of carts when you see one come up on a great sale. The printer will be nearly free at that point.