compatible ink for Canon Pro9500

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I think the spring is to push the plate against the ink bag so the ink can be pushed out.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I taught I needed to keep negative pressure not positive?
How it does not drip then?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Pro9950 is expensive. It would be a big loss if your experimental refill with dye based ink causes any problem to the print head. However, it is such pioneering experiments that help revealing unknown knowledge that printer manufacturers do not want us to know. My salute to you, Smile.

I don't think Canon has any success in introducing Pro9500 to the market. Unless there is an alternative supply of consumables and open knowledge of how PGI-9 can be successfully refilled plus that the printer will not reject refilled cartridges Canon will not be able to sell it successfully. Canon has to weigh between volume of sale and profit. If they shuts off all possibility of 3rd party supply of refill ink to refill Pro9500 not many people will be willing (should I say can afford instead) to buy it.

scraggs

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
lin said:
Smile, below is a dissected PGI-9 cartridges. I think you could refill the cartridge by the top. Like the way HP 45 cartridges is being refill. But must maintain the inner negative pressure.

The problem is I don't know if the ink level monitor can be released via the reset button on the printer panel the way CLI-8 & PGI-5BK do. So even if you could refill the cartridge, whether it's able to release the ink monitoring so that the printer can accept a refilled cart is a major question. The PGI-9 bottom exit port is like the CLI-8 cartridges where has a sponge/filter except that the exit port & sponge/filter are bigger. But the PGI-9 cartridges still uses the capillary action of transfering ink from cartridge to printhead ink pickup port just like CLI-8 & PGI-5BK.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/2671100153_f03b5935bd.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3290/2691745339_c3d6c12f0f.jpg

updated on 23 July: provided a picture of the PGI-9 exit port
Oddly if the spring is on that side of the bag then the spring will be compressed when the catridge is empty, I reckon I could find a way to fill it but the chip is the problem because as far as I can tell you cant dissable detection on all the cartridges it will only allow you to ignore detection on one cartidge.