compatible ink for Canon Pro9500

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I understand that only replacements are dye ink, I can live with that but there are colors I don't know how to replace:

Photo Matt PGI-9MBK, InkTec black CLI-8?
Photo Black PGI-9PBK, InkTec black CLI-8
Cyan PGI-9C, InkTec CYAN CLI-8
Magenta PGI-9M, InkTec MAGENTA CLI-8
Yellow PGI-9Y, InkTec Yellow CLI-8
Photo Cyan PGI-9PC, InkTec Photo CYAN CLI-8
Photo Magenta PGI-9PM, InkTec Photo Magenta CLI-8
Red PGI-9R, InkTec RED BCI-6
Green PGI-9G, InkTec GREEN BCI-6
Grey PGI-9GY InkTec HP Photo Gray ink knows as (c9368) (H6068-01LG/ 20LG)?
or Dark Gray (H6068-01LDG/ 20LDG)

So what to use for Photo Matt and Grey inks?

Another question, once ink runs out can "monitoring release procedure" be performed like on other models that you hold "reset" for 5 sec. ?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
You can use normal dye black or maybe text black (Inktec PGI-5Bk compatible ink or better: KMP text black which is very black and 100 % pigment). For the Grey ink, you buy special dye grey inks. Try: www.druckerpatronentankstellen.de

They sell grey dye inks.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
pharmacist said:
You can use normal dye black or maybe text black (Inktec PGI-5Bk compatible ink or better: KMP text black which is very black and 100 % pigment). For the Grey ink, you buy special dye grey inks. Try: www.druckerpatronentankstellen.de

They sell grey dye inks.
Thanks, prices seem to be decent for example:

HP 100, HP C9368A, COMPATIBLE INK LIGHT GREY 1 LITER
12,00 EUR
plus. 19 % Tax excl.Shipping costs

But when you see shipping costs that is 45Eur things turn upsidedown.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Smile,

When using dye ink instead of pigment you can use dye black in both the matte and the photoblack cartridges. The reason is that pigment ink has other physical properties making "black" looks different on glossy and on matte paper. To overcome this problem the manufacturers use photo and matte black for pigment ink. Photo black will look dull on matte paper and so the printer will use matte black to overcome this problem.

One question: where can you get Inktec CLI-8 compatible green and red inks ? I cannot find this.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
pharmacist said:
Smile,
One question: where can you get Inktec CLI-8 compatible green and red inks ? I cannot find this.
http://www.inktec.com/english/pdf/crossreference/Bulk_20071016.pdf

Sorry I made a typo, it's for BCI-6 (BCI-6R, BCI-6G). InkTec recommends it for i990/ i9900/ i9950

Hmm I found that some HP officejet 6310/ 7210/ 7310/ 7313/ 7410/ 7413 uses hp 100 (c9368) cartridge

Price for photo grey ink 1 Liter is same as for other InkTec 1 Liter bottles. :)

Could it be used as most photo inks a diluted and very light like PM and PC inks.
There is also a Dark Gray ink perhaps that would be better?

Another question if anyone knows can ink monitoring be released on Pro9500?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Smile,

I would recommend you to use the Hobbicolors UW-8 ink series for the Pro 9000, that make better sense and I like the colours more than the Inktec CLI-8 ink. And dilute inks to make a lighter version. This will alter the physical properties of the inks and could affect printing quality. The Inktec CLI-8 PM and PC are more expensive than the normal colours, so there must be something extra in it (another type of dye ?).

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Smile,
Just curious but why would you purchase a pigment ink printer, then use dye ink? Why not save the $ and buy the 9000? I would gladly trade my 9900 for your 9500.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
fish said:
Smile,
Just curious but why would you purchase a pigment ink printer, then use dye ink? Why not save the $ and buy the 9000? I would gladly trade my 9900 for your 9500.
Like I said here a few weeks ago:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3076

I ordered the Pro9000 but it tuned out that they are out of stock and will be available in 3 weeks. So I'm trying to investigate what other options I have.

I know Pro9500 prints grayscale better, because it has dedicated gray ink cartridge.
A pigment printer is better printing dye ink vs. Dye pirnter with pigment ink that can result in clogged nozzles I taugt.

The only problems that really bother me are:

1. Ink monitorint release is possible or not
2. Instructions on how to refill PGI-9 (No sponge in these cartridges should last a lifetime)

Robertgemcol

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Smile Your comment "So what to use for Photo Matt and Grey inks?" This inks are for printing in Black and white the grey inks are are to give in many ways many shades of black and grey.
As for the PGI-9's Cartridges are a totaly diffrent cartridge tyen the CLi-8's. and a total diffrent filling method
And to use Dye inks i would say a no no to that.
If you require more information on the inks then email me.

Smile said:
I understand that only replacements are dye ink, I can live with that but there are colors I don't know how to replace:

Photo Matt PGI-9MBK, InkTec black CLI-8?
Photo Black PGI-9PBK, InkTec black CLI-8
Cyan PGI-9C, InkTec CYAN CLI-8
Magenta PGI-9M, InkTec MAGENTA CLI-8
Yellow PGI-9Y, InkTec Yellow CLI-8
Photo Cyan PGI-9PC, InkTec Photo CYAN CLI-8
Photo Magenta PGI-9PM, InkTec Photo Magenta CLI-8
Red PGI-9R, InkTec RED BCI-6
Green PGI-9G, InkTec GREEN BCI-6
Grey PGI-9GY InkTec HP Photo Gray ink knows as (c9368) (H6068-01LG/ 20LG)?
or Dark Gray (H6068-01LDG/ 20LDG)

So what to use for Photo Matt and Grey inks?

Another question, once ink runs out can "monitoring release procedure" be performed like on other models that you hold "reset" for 5 sec. ?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Smile,

You know I stil have an brand new and unopened Canon i9950 for sale. Others who are interested too, can send me an PM. I'm selling it for the new price of a Canon Pro 9000, but with the advantage of NO more annoying chips on the cartridges, even you do have an resetter.