Comparing Piezo heads with thermal inkjet heads

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Epson vs Brother, anyone has any idea?? :)

For 4 ink dye printers yes, I definitely would get brother because

- it's cheaper and true multifunction
- it's better built
- it's got ink tanks separate from printhead (less mechanical wear, less vibrations)
- 1.5 pl droplets
- some models are A3 (but not A3+)
- scanner is really good very close to Lide80 (at least fot mfc-5895cw)

For 6 ink dye however you need to get EPSON L800 A4, or 1500W it's A3+

or R1900 it has pigments for ink with added:
  • Red (T087720)
  • Orange (T087920)
  • Gloss Optimizer (T087020)
If you are going to convert L800 or 1500W to pigment printer you will have problems with gloss differential, not worth it. However the price difference for 1500W and L800 is so small that it's worth to get 1500W !

But you have to feed it with L800 inks as those have way better longevity than OCP, Inktec or other compatibles. You will also need ICC profile.

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Wow, thanks! I agree that at the same price, Epson seems to have less features compared to others.
Epson refill require the chip to be reset, either by using resetter with OEM ink cart, or by using ARC.

How about Brother? (I've seen some clips on Youtube, no mention about resetter...)

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
My brother MFC-5895CW has no chips, new models have chips, some don't you have to make sure you can get ARC chips for it.

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Piezo head require constant priming even during a printing job to keep the ink flowing. Continuous stop and go printing or not makes no difference. Piezo heads need priming pretty much once every 1/4 or 1/2 inch of printing.

I just wonder that, is it because of the need of "constant priming even during a printing job to keep the ink flowing" that we don't have piezo pagewide printhead like that of HP Officejet Pro X series? Because let's say we have a piezo pagewide head and it's in the middle of a print job, below the printhead is the paper, so there's no way to prime the printhead :D

SuperareTech

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP deskjet 932c
I just wonder that, is it because of the need of "constant priming even during a printing job to keep the ink flowing" that we don't have piezo pagewide printhead like that of HP Officejet Pro X series? Because let's say we have a piezo pagewide head and it's in the middle of a print job, below the printhead is the paper, so there's no way to prime the printhead :D
That would not...be good. :eek:
By priming, does this mean the printhead stops and goes over the waste ink reservor every few seconds and blast a ton of ink out?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
That would not...be good. :eek:
By priming, does this mean the printhead stops and goes over the waste ink reservor every few seconds and blast a ton of ink out?

Yes.