Commercial head cleaning TCS-01LP, OCP-RS worth it?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hi, I wonder has anyone here tried OCP-RS or inktec TCS-01LP commercial head cleaning solutions?
It's not very expensive either so is it worth it?

I mean does it clean better that (distilled water/ammonia/alcohol) recipes we been using here?

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
I haven't tried them, I use the cleaning solution from Inksupply.com (ESC-BASEPT-UC) with excellent results special on pigmented inks. I purchased an Epson R1800 on ebay (14 months ago) and the printhead of course as everyone knows was clog for not been used. I removed the printhead and placed in a plastic container and let the printhead soak for 2 days and for my surprised all the ink dissolved and the printhead was like new again. I don't know if I was lucky or what but the printer still works till this day. Every once in a while I apply some of the solution (like 10 drop) on top of the pump cap and the cleaning blade to prevent dry ink from accumulating in those areas.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I wonder has anyone tried to add some ammonia into their pigmented inks to adapt them to canon dye based printers.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
Smile said:
I wonder has anyone tried to add some ammonia into their pigmented inks to adapt them to canon dye based printers.
I don't know but I personally will not use ammonia to dilute inks.

Some chemical/physical properties of ammonia are:
At room temperature, ammonia is a colorless, highly irritating gas with a pungent,
suffocating odor.
In pure form, it is known as anhydrous ammonia and is hygroscopic (readily absorbs
moisture).
Ammonia has alkaline properties and is corrosive.
Ammonia gas dissolves easily in water to form ammonium hydroxide, a caustic solution
and weak base.
Ammonia gas is easily compressed and forms a clear liquid under pressure.
Ammonia is usually shipped as a compressed liquid in steel containers.
Ammonia is not highly flammable, but containers of ammonia may explode when
exposed to high heat.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Pigment particles are kept into solution by giving the surface a charge (negative or positive) so the particles will repell each others to prevent aggregation (forming of clumps) over time. So buy adding a charged solution like ammonia (NH4+) or some types of salts the charged surface may be neutralised, which can cause rapid precipitation....

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
pharmacist said:
So buy adding a charged solution like ammonia (NH4+) or some types of salts the charged surface may be neutralised, which can cause rapid precipitation....
Hmm, I have used it to clean some pigment printer heads without any problems. Perhaps there are more suitable vicousity increasing liquids?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just ordered the cleaning commercial head cleaning solution from inktec. Should get it by the end of the week.
I have some nozzles that would no clear up on my 6700d for PM and M inks. Cleaning did not make any difference.

Will fill some carts with the cleaning solution and warm them in the microwave then make cleaning cycles and print only nozzle check to see how it clears it up :D

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Would Jettec C26 compatible cartridges would be ok for my task? I don't have any spare empty OEM cartridges?

Any info on Jettec C26 carts is apreciated, do they have their own chip?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Smile said:
pharmacist said:
So buy adding a charged solution like ammonia (NH4+) or some types of salts the charged surface may be neutralised, which can cause rapid precipitation....
Hmm, I have used it to clean some pigment printer heads without any problems. Perhaps there are more suitable vicousity increasing liquids?
Smile,

Epson pigment ink is already alkaline, so ammonia is completely compatible with it, but some pigment inks like Lyson is acidic and putting ammonia will increase the pH value causing precipitation and clogs. IM ink is alkaline too and therefore miscible with original Epson K3 ink.