colours never seem clearly seperated anyomore!!!

xray34

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
HI guys,

PRINTER = Epson RX585 [http://***.epson.co.uk/Printers-and-All-In-Ones/Inkjet/Epson-Stylus-Photo-RX585]

fitted with 6 colour CISS system.

Recently I have been getting bad printing and lack of magenta and light magenta
also even after cleaning the print check pattern shows cyans and blacks where the magenta light magenta should be..
also I appear to be getting small bubbles in 1 or more tubes leadin to the carts.

I have removed the carts block and cleaned the print heads as describe on here using windex
they where fine for a day or so and now they are back to the same.

cleaning the heads just leads to drippy prints for a few sheets and still no real improvement.

Any guidence please people. ???

Many thanks for any help you can give a frustrated member.. :-(

xray34

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ANYBODY !!!!! help ?????

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
xray34

Dare I say it, Try dumping the CISS unit and use standard cartridges or better still get yourself a Canon.. ;)

cityinkexpress

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
do you have any air in the lines ?
On top of the cartridges do you have a small clear plug near each chip - if so

1 remove the plug
2 insert a syringe with no needle on
3 draw back till you have a small amount of ink in the syringe

put everything back together - if the problem persists it could either be

1 the seals on the ciss cartridges have perished - if its the sort that you have to take the carts out to reset the chip - that does not surprise me
2 or the print head is blocked

shane

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
xray34 said:
You've got a CISS in an All-in-one? That has 6 colors? I'm a Canon guy and basically ignorant about Epsons, but that doesn't seem to compute.

I did a quick check, and it seems like a Epson RX585 has four colors. Or perhaps multiple blacks?

How much printing have you done? How much do you anticipate doing during 2011? What kind of printing?

To me, there is a cross-over point in printing quantity of photos where you "bite the bullet" and start refilling your own cartridges. If that goes well, but you are spending too much time on refilling on big projects, then you consider a CISS. Becomes an "engineering econ 101" issue.

I concur with TH to consider discontinuing usage of the CISS for now, plus would respectfully add ... C.I.S. I.Y.A.I. ..... Ceep it simple if you are ignorant. There isn't necessarily any shame to be ignorant, but it can be foolish to remain ignorant when there are great resources like nifty-stuff to help "getting up to speed".

Or if your printing involves text, perhaps consider a laser-jet?

xray34

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
cityinkexpress said:

1 remove the plug

1 the seals on the ciss cartridges have perished - if its the sort that you have to take the carts out to reset the chip - that does not surprise me

shane
Thanks for your reply, your soloution seems to have worked... I had to pull back40ml or air before the ink appeared... evey=rything is working so far.
Thnks so much for your assistance [ cityinkexpress ]

------------------------------

xray34

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
l_d_allan said:
xray34 said:
You've got a CISS in an All-in-one? That has 6 colors? I'm a Canon guy and basically ignorant about Epsons, but that doesn't seem to compute.

I did a quick check, and it seems like a Epson RX585 has four colors. Or perhaps multiple blacks?

How much printing have you done? How much do you anticipate doing during 2011? What kind of printing?

To me, there is a cross-over point in printing quantity of photos where you "bite the bullet" and start refilling your own cartridges. If that goes well, but you are spending too much time on refilling on big projects, then you consider a CISS. Becomes an "engineering econ 101" issue.

I concur with TH to consider discontinuing usage of the CISS for now, plus would respectfully add ... C.I.S. I.Y.A.I. ..... Ceep it simple if you are ignorant. There isn't necessarily any shame to be ignorant, but it can be foolish to remain ignorant when there are great resources like nifty-stuff to help "getting up to speed".

Or if your printing involves text, perhaps consider a laser-jet?
My epson DOES have 6 colours.... look closer... I have had no proble,s atall with this system until recently.
But thanks to this forum and the kind help of [cityinkexpress] I am back printing quality photos and graphics

Wouldn't go back to OEM carts again or refilling carts by hand.

Sorry but wouldn't buy a canon, personally I don't rate them atall..

Thanks for your reply . :)

ALKA

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Shane, this solution seems to has worked for me aswell, may I add my thanks to "cityinkexpress" keep up the great work :D
xray34 said:
cityinkexpress said:

1 remove the plug

shane
Thanks for your reply, your soloution seems to have worked... I had to pull back40ml or air before the ink appeared... evey=rything is working so far.
Thnks so much for your assistance [ cityinkexpress ]

------------------------------

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
It appears that particular cart may have been starved of ink and almost empty. Normally if I am not mistaken carts attached to CIS units maintain a certain level of ink pretty constantly. Your sudden loss of ink volume may still indicate a mild but possibly persistant air leak some where in the CIS to cartridge system. Your forceful purging of the air, using the syringe was able to remove the air and once syphon ink back into the starved cartridge, but if the possible slight leak still persist, it will happen again in time. But, you'll know what to do nest time.

By the way I run an Epson Artisan 725 AIO also on a CISS which I use to print all my 4x6 and 5x7 prints. So far it has worked worry free and I can print to my hearts content without worrying about ink cost. I am using Inkjetcars inks on it.
My more serious work gets printed on the 1400 ( Dye ) or the R1900 ( Pigment ). All running on CIS from Inkjetfly this time.