Colorbat

Craig Ross

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Or is that Colourbat
I,ve just been to colorbat's web site, boy that was an experience I,m to scared to order
anything in case he doesn't like my government and I don't think the fact I did'nt vote for them matters.
Puts a whole new spin on aggressive marketing. God bless America.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Oh... I see, you are referring to the link at the top that says, "God Bless America My Personal Political Rants". Yup, that is a bit odd to have that on their commerce site. I've seen people put a link that says, "Remember 9/11" and then LINK to an outside site, but personally I think they shouldn't have posted that info on a commerce site.

Oh, Craig, I hope you don't mind, but I moved this thread to a more appropriate category.

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Not to mention his rude way of explaining why he doesn't 'offer or sell this or that'.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Personally I don't care about Colorbat's attitude. His honesty about his temporary problems with spongeless cartrdiges / ink viscocity is more important than his attitude. If he would ship outside the US, I would buy from this guy. (I live in Greece)

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Having been born and raised in the general area of the country where Colorbat is located, I can easily recognize his style of doing business. People in that area of the country are typically honest, hard working folks that speak and write without pretension. They don't mean to offend anyone with their straight talk - they just want to satisfy their clients and feel that total and absolute honesty is the best policy. Where others might use flowery "weasel words" to discourage sales to those market segments where they have problems or lose money, he just "tells it like it is". People like this take a dissatisfied customer personally, and they typically take steps to prevent selling things that will result in a dissatisfied customer.

BTW - I moved to a metropolitan area a long time ago, and have since gained a lot of experience dealing with weasels.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Grandad, I tend to agree with you to a point. I think honesty and candor is refreshing in e-commerce sites, or any business for that matter. Personally I don't take any offense to their comments / postings / links, but I know that there are a few people that will. From a pure business decision it probably isn't a great decision to have postings / links of this nature. Fortunately one of the great aspects of having your own business (vs. answering to millions of stockholders) is the option to do more with your company that to only make money.

If a company owner is comfortable with possibly losing potential customers to promote other ideas, then the decision is completely theirs to make.

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
i understand, but there is a nice way to tell people, than just being rude, right? you can get the same message across if you say it in a nice way. right?