Color Laser printers for Photo Quality output

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hello,

I read the reviews on Laser Printers, and all printers listed have bad Photo print quality.
There are numerous amazon reviews that state the same. Youtube videos shows unboxing and some even show that for real a printer scans printed photo and outputs same photo of very bad quality. white streaks and signs of bad parts in a new device. Same for HP, Canon, Brother you name it.

https://www.rtings.com/printer/reviews/best/by-type/laser

Somehow I unable to view older printer reviews.

My question?
Are there any decent Color Laser printers for Photo Quality output.
Must be able to print on glossy laser printer paper, like stickers.
Printer size A4

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not sure that Amazon is a serious source for valid printer reviews, you may have a look to Oki printers - like the Pro9542 and others

https://www.oki.com/uk/printing/products/colour/graphic-arts/pro9000series/pro9542/index.html

Oki printers are frequently used in the advertising/graphics environment, Oki printers can be qualified for proof printing , but you can get quite decent output from lots of other laser printers if you run an icc-profile for it, but such profiles should be redone after a while, I cannot give you a schedule - every printer needs a different schedule . If you want to go higher into professional quality printing you may have a look to EFI Fiery controllers for a wide range of printer models which you then run in a EFI software environment

https://www.oki.com/uk/printing/products/colour/graphic-arts/pro9000series/pro9542/index.html

"for a wide variety of applications like proofing, high quality photo printing"

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Your mentioned Pro9542 is an A3 printer for ~15.000Eur, not what I had in mind :D
Even the 4A OKI PRO 7411 WT A4 WHITE TONER PRINTER still 2700Eur
OKI C650 A4 Colour Laser Printer - £883.00 inc VAT

So the prices are not nice but you get good photo quality I know that, I profiles few OKI printers. The search is for reasonably prices say ~400Eur one.

"professional quality printing you may have a look to EFI Fiery controllers" - the problem with EFI is they are greedy company having too much modular software designs missing the basic modules. So it becomes impossible to properly profile a professional A3 SRA size machine because customer will not buy module that works with third party ICC profiles. As a result you turn off color management altogether and then use Bypass mode to make it work with ICC profiles applied in photoshop etc. A mess non the less. EFI - never recommended from me.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are either doing it the EFI way - or don't use it at all. There are probably some technical differences between a 900€ printer or a 15k€ model , a pricing or performance ceiling has not been mentioned in the opening posting for this thread.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
If I can't walk trough a door I pay any hacker to use the window instead. EFI way or not.