Color Laser Printer Recommendation - Business Use/No Photos/Refillable

Andyrad

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a question about the quality of pictures printed with a color laser printer. how do they compare to a nice inkjet color printer? can you print on glossy photo paper with laser?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Andyrad can you print on glossy photo paper with laser?
The result will be very poor compared to inkjet; no you cant use glossy photo paper in the laser ok.. :(

TheTonerGuy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi ivanalbright, here is my recommendation for a cost effective color laser printer.

Brother's base model HL-3040CN will meet your needs. It's currently selling for $269.99 at Staples and that is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price because you can get it from Brother at that price. I have seen it on special at below $200. You just have to look around online or at your local stores.

This brother printer uses the TN-210 cartridge technology which is very easy to refill. The printer comes with Starter Cartridges that can be converted to full capacity cartridges by simply adding a little gear that costs under $12 per set of four (one for each color). The aftermaket toner for this printer has been available for over one year now and has proven to be reliable and remarkably well performing for under $70 for all four colors!!

The cartridges are easily refilled through a toner plug on the side of the cartridge, no hole making required. At a full yield of 2100 pages for black and 1400 pages per color, you will be able to operate this printer at roughly $120 per year of supplies assuming that you are not printing photos but only invoices and general office printing. The speed of 17 pages per minute is also pretty good for a cheap printer.

Drum units are expensive but last a very long time compared to the amount of use you need. I would think that by the time you need to change the drum units, it will be time to change your printer.

As for the SAMSUNG 315 or any other Samsung...STAY AWAY!! Unless you love paying big dollars for reset chips that keep failing because Samsung keeps updating printer firmware through the internet. Samsung is playing dirty tricks not only by changing the firmware but also in the chip design. It has cost the industry a fortune to get past all the encryption in order to produce Samsung Reset Chip. Therefore, the chips are available but they cost approx $40 per set.

My advice ...Stick with Brother!!

See the Brother TN-210 refill procedures on youtube. Just search for -->> tn-210 refill

TheTonerGuy