Color Laser Printer Recommendation - Business Use/No Photos/Refillable

ivanalbright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi everyone, glad to have found this forum. I read a bunch of threads and searched around but didn't really see a clear cut answer to what may or may not be a pretty simple question. I've been using an inkjet which I refill myself with bulk ink and syringes but between refilling 2x week and messing with print problems it just isn't worth it.

I'm looking for a color laser printer for light business use (about 200 pages/week or 30 pages/day).

No photo printing, just invoices and the like -- color logos and text.
Would like the toner to be easily refillable, or have cheap non-branded toner options
Under $200 or so budget (or less, rough estimate) for the printer with starter toner included.
Low cost per page is the most important, not worried about super high quality prints as long as it looks "normal"

A lot of the times, with other types of products, I've found there are some products that stick out as the best at the time, but I am clueless about this subject!

What brand/model laser printer would you guys say is the best choice considering this intended usage? Thanks for any help!
Edit: oh and recommendations on where to buy toner replacement/refill online?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Color laser for $120?? Good luck. You can't even buy a set of toner cartridges for any where near that.

ivanalbright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I guess I must have been looking at monochrome when I was checking out basic price ranges. I edited to be under $200...is that a bit more in the realm?

ivanalbright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. I guess for this price range I may have to consider only a monochrome laser printer. I often visit online deal websites like slickdeals.net and have seen many B&W laser printers for as little as $60-70.

However, I did find the Samsung CLP 315W Color Laser Printer, which has been on sale at a lot of online stores for anywhere from $100 to $130 very recently. It seems to be about the cheapest color laser (even when not on sale) on the market.

Any thoughts or experiences on this model? Again, ideally I would be looking at something that I could refill with toner myself.

aarenlainey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The Samsung CLP-315 succession is one of the smallest in its class and the entire toner cartridges save money by giving you the selection or opportunity of replacing each one separately. Even though the printer is well-designed, it loses its impetus in print speed and superiority.The cartridges are lightweight and simple to take away and put back using the color-coded tabs. Every cartridge only comes in one capability and can be purchased through a multiplicity of channels for about $40.

refilldude

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
the clp 315 is not refillable...dell 1320c all day long better than the samsung and yopu can pick up a set of toners for 50 which do 2000 pages a piece...

definatly dell 1320

if you was brave the refills take 5 mins and it costs 3 for the toner an 2 for a chip...obviously x 4 cartridges so 2000 pages for 20 for all 4 cartridges....bargain

ivanalbright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
if the samsung 315 is not refillable, that kills it for me. I have no problem refilling unless it is extremely difficult or touchy in some way. I've been refilling inkjet cartridges with a syringe for a long time.

refilldude, thanks for the recommendation of the dell 1320c - i had come across that before and it looks like it is in my price range (especially since it seems to go on sale fairly often).

can you recommend where I would buy the refill, and maybe even a tutorial website or video on how to do it?

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
You might be able to get a second hand laser printer for that price - sometimes those can be found in very good condition!

ivanalbright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I was able to find a deal on a Brother hl-2140 black & white laser printer for $30 (refurbished, after rebate) but with a 1 year warranty. It seems to be refillable so should be extremely cheap to operate @ less than $20 for 2500 pages. I got it up and running and it prints about 10x faster than my inkjet also, very nice, very happy so far. Youtube has a great video of how to refill the toner for this specific printer too.

I'm still on the lookout for a deal on the dell 1320c for a color laser, but this will do for now

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
A few months ago, I also purchased a Brother HL-2140 using my rewards at Staples when it was on sale so it didn't cost me anything and recently I bought the larger capacity cartridge using more rewards so I got that free, too. Can you provide a link to the youtube video?