Collective group buying: Inktec Powerchrome K3 High-Gloss pigment ink

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
After searching and trying many inks in the past years, I discovered (thanks costadinos) the most glossiest K3 compatible 3rd party pigment ink, which is the Inktec Powerchrome K3. This ink is a resin coated formulation, yielding fantastic glossy prints.

The most difficult colour of aftermarket K3 compatible inks is the magenta, which causes muted printed area's in which magenta is used to compose that particular colour. I have compared prints made with this ink and Epson K3 and the results are astonishingly good in terms of glossiness. Even with Original K3 ink, the magenta still has a bit less gloss compared to the other colours: Inktec magenta has the same and even a slightly better gloss compared to the Original K3 magenta. The only minus would be the greater bronzing on semimatte paper, giving it a metallic sheen on some area's of the prints. However: the overall printing results are really great on high gloss and matte papers.

Now because Inktec Powerchrome K3 is only available in 1 liter bottles, the amount is far too much for most of us. Therefore I am looking for other guys/girls who are interested in a collective group purchase, which will be organized by me.

I need at least 3 other persons (+ me myself) to commence purchase. Note: there will be only 8 colours (no MK, as I hardly print with MK and for printing on matte media, almost all aftermarket K3 compatible pigment inks will do at even lower prices).

What will be costs: purchase of 8x1 liter Powerchrome K3 high-Glossy pigment ink + shipping costs to me + leak proof containers (8x250 or 8x100 ml) + shipping costs to you (registered), proportionally divided by all individuals.

So if you want 8x100 or 8x250 ml, please PM me, so I can arrange for the purchase. Purchase will immediately commence when all funds are collected (Don't worry, I am to be trusted :)...I have been for many years on this site and my reputation seems to be sound).

My first indication of the price will be about €175 (including the cost of leak proof containers + registered shipping in the EU-zone) for 8 x 250 ml.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
Hi Pharmacist, in the post you mentioned that the magenta is the one that causes the muted problem, what about the LM? I ask this because here in the USA I can get the CMYK colors ($45 per liter) but not any of the light colors. I'm currently using OCP and I still have a lot of it, but after seeing the results you got from using the Powerchrome K3 I want to give it a try. Thanks

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Actually I don't know if the LM does influence glossiness. AFAIK the problem is less. Note: there are different version of the Inktec Ink, make sure it is Powerchrome K3. Inktect does make standard pigments too for the 4 color printers, which are not resin coated (much less gloss).

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
these are the exact order no
Angebot:

Powerchrome K3 Pigment-Tinte:

Artikelnummer:

EKI01-01LPB
EKI02-01LC
EKI03-01LM
EKI04-01LY
EKI05-01LLC
EKI06-01LLM
EKI07-01LLB
EKI08-01LMB
EKI09-01LLLB

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Correct, it is not Powerchrome K3!
But rather, it is Ultrachrome K3 ( the old formulation ) problably good enough for Matte media but just like current OCP K3!

Joe

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
1 Liter Powerchrome K3 retails here in europe for 51€ plus Tax (19% for germany)

get the the ink without the Tax a valid business is mandatory and a VAT ID for international business

as soon as my OCP Inks stocks deminish (over 80 Liters right now) I will order a test Batch ~5 Liters each color from Inktec but I have to plan this

I have to check if the inks will be compatible with the upcomming R3000 successor SC (surecolor) P600

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
It must state the name Powerchrome K3 otherwise it is the regular replacement for Ultrachrome K3
You could always contact them for clarification just to make sure.
Joe