cli-42 cart weight?

Ray Westfield

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 100 S
Hi just got into refilling. Been watching as many of Jose Rodriguez videos as possible. Very informative and easy to watch and follow.
I have a question though about cli-42 carts.
Have flushed my old carts with windex followed by deionised water then followed your suggestion on drying.
Struggling to get the weight down below 14grms and have one cart that at the moment refuses to come down below 14.52.

Do I need to percivere or is this OK

Been drying for about 4 days on a shelf above a radiator so in warm air.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
... followed your suggestion on drying.
Struggling to get the weight down below 14grms
Who is "your"?

Did you use the folded paper towel and rubber band method of Grandad's to wick away moisture, David and Goliath sock method (@The Hat ?) of centrifugal force, or just set the cartridge out to dry on its own?

Do I need to percivere or is this OK
You are OK.

There may be some water left in the cartridge which may slightly affect the intensity of the ink color on the printed page until another refill or two and may or may not be noticeable to your eye. Or, your scale reads slightly different. Regardless, if you fill by weight then you now need to know the weight of a "full" cartridge and add ink to reach that weight. (1 ml ink ~ 1 gram)

Ray Westfield

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 100 S
“Who is "your"?”= Jose Rodriguez

Been using the folded paper and rubber band.
7 out of the 8 have come down to 13.9 - 14.00 grm the eight is stubbornly hovering around 14.5.
Suspect I will have to leave it longer.
Once I get them to to correct dry weight think I will mark on the side their weight for future reference if I ever need to flush again

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
“Who is "your"?”= Jose Rodriguez
Did he not answer your question?

If that "extra" weight is water, and you are NOT selling or exhibiting your prints, then you can go ahead and refill. It is your preference.

Marking weights on the cartridges is overkill, but, again, it is your preference.

The first time you refill or flush a cartridge you want to be very specific in your efforts. It's like raising your first child. Subsequent children don't always get the super cautious treatment because you've learned they are not as easily breakable as once thought. ;):D

Ray Westfield

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 100 S
Finally got the weight down to just below 14 grm . All carts reset and filled. Just waiting for them to settle then start to replace as the others become low/empty.

Latest posts