CISS Ink expanding through tube and up to air filters!

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
This is an poor thing from China. :th

You do not understand the problem. When changing the air temperature and atmospheric pressure, balancing level is also changing.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
aaa
This is an poor thing from China.
You do not understand the problem.
A good CISS unit will work 100% of the time and its failure is usually down to the installation,
the printer, or the operator (or all Three) that causes the majority of failures.

The particular unit (Pictured) I use has being tried and tested by lots of people including myself
and I found it works perfectly well for quite a number years now so,
whats the problem with it from your point of view..
I have news for you just about all of the CISS Bottles come out of china now Good and Bad.:celebrate

gigigogu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
aaa said:
When changing the air temperature and atmospheric pressure, balancing level is also changing.
I think this effect is overestimated. Actually I did the math to see how much ink is pushed out from ink tank and only if:
- the ink tank is almost empty and
- the drop in pressure or increase in temperature is big and
- the air tube is thin and
- CISS level is too close to printhead level
the pressure to cartridge will became positive/ink will flow out of CISS through air tube.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
@aaa: You didn't mention if the printhead is sealed. Because if it's not then the air presure affects that end of the system too. There are a number of factors to consider beside the atmospheric presure. The system you are describing is in equilibrium and opened in 2 places: ciss tank air tube and printhead nozzle. Both of them are affected by the atmospheric pressure...
note: English is not my primary language so I don't know if I was clear enough. There is such a thing as language barrier, you know! ;)

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Tudor said:
note: English is not my primary language so I don't know if I was clear enough. There is such a thing as language barrier, you know! ;)
If you don't tell anybody, nobody will know.