CISS Artisan 810

crazy8

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting an Epson Artisan 810 pretty soon (I hope). Anyway I have never set anything like this up and I am very interested in doing so but there seems to be everybody and their brother and uncle selling these kinds of kits. I was wondering what online shops not only have great quality CISS kits but are also reliable and stand behind their products? Any help and links to online shops would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work here in the forums to. Very nice. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
:| It would be nice to know where in the world you are first.. ;)

crazy8

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Oh I am sorry. Im from Minnesota in the USA. Is the a non USA based forum? Perhaps another forum might be better? Or Do you still know of places here for me? :) Much appreciated.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
crazy8

We even get the odd one from outer space on at times, were universal. :lol:
You could try Leonardjohn on this forum based in San Pedro CA. He has a CISS for the Artisan 810..

crazy8

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
So other than buying the CIS system, ink, and whatever else I may need to get it set up, is there anything I should know when setting something like this up or anythings I should be aware of?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
crazy8 is there anything I should know when setting something like this up
If you go with Leonardjohn he will provide you with all the necessary equipment you will need + advice and his back up service is second to none. He is one to be trusted.. :)

Here is his website:- http://contiuousinksystemcorp.com/

crazy8

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you very much. At first I wasnt sure if that was what I wanted to get just because honestly i like the look of someothers but then as I kept looking I started leaning towards the piano book more so I think I may go that way. In addition his kits to seem to be the most complete to like 6 different ink syringes and what I believe to be great ink, not some off name knock off or something. Thanks again for the input and I will most likely be purchasing from him.

jjbruja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R300, Photo 1400, 730
crazy8 said:
Oh I am sorry. Im from Minnesota in the USA. Is the a non USA based forum? Perhaps another forum might be better? Or Do you still know of places here for me? :) Much appreciated.
You may want to check out this site. I have the 810 and have been seriously considering this system.

Ps; Location is in Palm Beach County, Florida

http://ljhent.com/

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Also, as a backstop on the information side of things... Rihac.com.au (although Australia based) have quite a bit of information and experience with ways to modify the printer to install the CIS... With the Artisan 8x0 series that can be quite "interesting".

alback

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, firstly the Artisan 810 is a great AIO printer. I just ordered a second one as Epson is selling them at 169.99 ($130 off) with free shipping in the US. I have used this printer since last December, excellent product and easy to set-up. The wi-fi is great and allows 4 of us to print/scan/fax from anywhere in our house.

Second, you must use the original cartridges before you can add a CISS system for the chips to work in the printer. This also gives you sometime to research the CISS system you wish to use. There are several here who give of their time, and help everyone out - a few searches and you will see who they are.

I purchased my CISS from an Ebay source before finding this forum, it cost less than a replacement set of Epson cartridges. It also works really well and the installation literally took minutes. The tubes can lead to the tanks across the front, down from the front, or through a cool opening in the rear which just requires a little trick to ease the top off the left hinge and snap it back in place. You will need to trim some parts of the printer so the tubes are not pinched but that is minimal and can be done with a utility knife. The plastic is reasonably soft and thin (edges) where cutting is required.

Hope this helps,
:)