CIS for canon mp250

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thank you for the update on your CISS unit installation, it is sure welcomed.

Its great that you have it up and running so well but you must admit
it does take a bit of maintaining to keep it in good working order all of the time.

You have provided a good insight into what is needed to keep a CISS working in good condition
and also the way you have explained it in great detail,
it should be a reminder to others as to what to expect if they decide to install a CISS on their printer.

A CISS certainly works on a Canon printer but its a two way street,
if you maintain it well it works well and if you dont then expect anything ! ! :th

tmierzwa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes. once it's running properly, you must print at least one page a day just to keep the nozzles free and open.
For those interested, the voltage applied to the nozzles on the print head is 5.2 volts.
also the ink tank(s) have to be on an equal plane or slightly higher than the bottom of the print head installed in the printer.
That's about it. As long as you keep the ink tanks as close to full as possible you should have no problems.
The cartridges that are installed is a standard cartridge modified for ciss use, i.e. silicone bushings, elbows etc. there are no check valves in the lines.

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
tmierzwa said:
also the ink tank(s) have to be on an equal plane or slightly higher than the bottom of the print head installed in the printer.
You do not understand about balancing levels.

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
tmierzwa, you are not able to show anything. And I have a dream to kill Mariotte bottle. :plbb

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
tmierzwa 03/17/2012 2:39:20 am said:
since installing the ciss in my mp250 and getting it primed, I have refilled the tanks twice and have printed lots of photo prints and daily documents with black and color inks. I haven't replaced any printhead since december of last year [2011]
tmierzwa 04/29/2013 1:48:26 am said:
YOU don't understand that this system works!
I haven't replaced the cartridges for over three years!
From december 2011 to may 2013 there are 17 months. That's 1 year and 5 months, not over three years.

17 months is a lot for that type of printhead, and you refilled the ciss tanks twice in 4 months. If you maintained the same consumption rate (and refilled when the tanks were half full) the printhead used aprox 850 ml for black and 2550 for color (850ml each)...

I want to believe!...

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
How do you get you PG-210 cartridge to last that long.. My customers cartridge goes bad after about 120ML of ink has been used. You need to teach me your methods, it could improve my business alot if you could teach me a method that last for even 250ML of ink use..