CIS for canon mp250

anmarj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

Does anybody know of anybody who sells a CIS for canon mp250? I have search on the internet and can not find a supplier in UK, can see videos on you tube but in german, and did find one seller in auz, but other that no joy

Thanks

Kay

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
anmarj

:) Hi Kay I dont know why you would want to use a CISS instead of refilling your cartridges. You only need a CISS if you intended printing reams of paper every day..

I had a quick look for you and found one for the mp250 in Spain for 67 so if you copy the line below to your browser you can have a look yourself ok.

http://www.printecopy.es/b2c/index.php?page=pp_producto.php&md=0&ref=C-1153

anmarj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

thanks for that will have a look, I make cards for a living and the canon takes thicker card than the epson, already used the colour cartridge and I have not printed that much off!

Kay

tmierzwa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
There's a seller on Amazon that has all you need for a ciss minus the print cartridges. They have an empty ink tank, a 3.6mm drill for the cartridge(s), bushings for the cartridges, and [it's rather unique] needles that come out of the elbows and go down inside the ink cartridges. Best thing is the price - $19.95 USD plus $10 USD for shipping. On the mp250 you need one modification. The color print head has a white plastic piece that locks the print head into the holder. That piece needs to be trimmed back a couple of millimeters to clear the elbow once it's in place. Other than that nothing else needs to be done. The tubing(s) clear the right and left side of the carriage while the holder is in motion.

tmierzwa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm sorry I made a mistake. The ciss for canon is via amazon dot com. they make a reference to three suppliers.
BCH Technologies, Green High Tech and Boston World Limited.

tmierzwa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I got the CISS to work with the MP250 and I was watching it the other day when I was printing a lot of papers.
What's it mean when air bubbles come out of the tanks?
If the print cartridge is supposed to be of negative pressure, what's the air doing in the system?
I did a prime on the system with a cartridge holder and syringe.

resetter

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Small amount of air is in inks and you may not warry, but if all tubes will fill with that air you have to RE fill the ciss.

tmierzwa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
since installing the ciss in my mp250 and getting it primed, I have refilled the tanks twice and have printed lots of photo prints and daily documents with black and color inks. I haven't replaced any printhead since december of last year [2011]

tmierzwa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
today's date is april 28th 2013. I have a ciss installed in a canon mp250. I haven;t replaced the printhead in either the black or tri color position within the printer for a good three years. I print photos and plain sheets everyday and the color is great.
Once in a while I do a printhead clean or deep clean but most of the time it works fine.
I made a print head test sheet in paint using all available colors.
if a color is missing - like red - my sheets only print light green and light blue.
I evacuate the air in the system by using a hypo with a fine needle. I take the breather off and seal the tank with a silicone plug, then with the plunger all the way down in the syringe, push the needle through the large silicone plug just until it clears the inside. I then with draw the plunger almost to the top and pull the hypo out of the tank plug. You;ll see the ink being withdrawn out of the silicone tubing back to the tank.
I repeat the air withdrawal two more times, then I leave the plunger out of the hypo.
I push the hypo back through the silicone plug and the vacuum within the tank is replaced with air and the ink rushes to the printhead.
I then replace the plug with the breather.
Print a test page. Then do a deep clean twice until a test page shows pure black, deeper pink and light pink, deeper yellow and light yellow.
Now its all set to print.