ChromaLife 100 inks carts/refills for Canon IP 4200?

digitalartist71

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Are these available? As ready filled carts or refill kits? Are these inks actually PIGMENT (I know the PG1-5 black is). Or just better DYES than previous inks like the BCI-6 or 3 series? Wonder if higher chance for ink clogging???

thanks!

looking to replace my crappola ip3000 for another canon or possibly gonna look back at EPSON 9are Durabrite inks pigment?). Just need CMYK colors acually (lower running cost)..i don't need all the extra color carts for what I do.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'd do a little looking around at what the Canon iP4200 is hamstrung with.. ie: chips...

From what I understand the inks are also still water based rather than pigmented but I could be wrong...

Anyways, having got one of these babies and planning to test it to see if a CIS will work with it.. I would advise against going for any of the new chipped Canons unless you have a lot of money for Canon originals or are happy to run the risk of it dying and having no warranty.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
digitalartist71 said:
Are these available? As ready filled carts or refill kits? Are these inks actually PIGMENT (I know the PG1-5 black is). Or just better DYES than previous inks like the BCI-6 or 3 series? Wonder if higher chance for ink clogging???

thanks!

looking to replace my crappola ip3000 for another canon or possibly gonna look back at EPSON 9are Durabrite inks pigment?). Just need CMYK colors acually (lower running cost)..i don't need all the extra color carts for what I do.
I've been using cli-8 ink replacement for about 5 months since I got my pixma ip6600d with excellents results I can't tell the difference I also recommend to use with this ink Advance HP Photo Paper for best results. You can get the ink from www.weink.com or www.printerfillingstation.com the only difference is the price.

krnysgirl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, lolopr1

I just recently bought the 6600D myself - love it. Today I ordered bulk ink from Hobbicolor and some supplies like a thumb drill and set screws from Printerfillingstation. As you have been refilling your 6600d - do you know how to disable the print monitor BEFORE you refill so you don't get the ominous "voiding warranty" message or did you just ignore the message and let the system disable the monitor itself. Can you tell me which method you use to refill - i.e. do you drill a new hole and refill from there or use the original fill hole on the OEM cart. Also..did you refill the first time before your OEM carts were empty - thus mixing the inks or wait until you were out of ink in a cart?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
krnysgirl,

Thanks for your post - I didn't realize that Hobbicolors had CLI-8 inks - another good ink source.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
krnysgirl said:
Hi, lolopr1

I just recently bought the 6600D myself - love it. Today I ordered bulk ink from Hobbicolor and some supplies like a thumb drill and set screws from Printerfillingstation. As you have been refilling your 6600d - do you know how to disable the print monitor BEFORE you refill so you don't get the ominous "voiding warranty" message or did you just ignore the message and let the system disable the monitor itself. Can you tell me which method you use to refill - i.e. do you drill a new hole and refill from there or use the original fill hole on the OEM cart. Also..did you refill the first time before your OEM carts were empty - thus mixing the inks or wait until you were out of ink in a cart?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
Hi, krnysgirl

I've nerver try Hobbicolor ink but I would like to know you experience.Here is a place that may can help you on you refilling process.

http://www.ar-refillingsupplies.com/CLI-8.html
http://www.bs-print.co.uk/canon-pgi-5-cli-8-refill-instructions.htm
http://www.weink.com/ecom/support/instructions/PGI-5_CLI-8_OEM_Refill_Instructions.pdf