Chip Resetter for Canon ImagePROGRAF 1000

photog-art-printer

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP
Chip Resetter for Canon ImagePROGRAF 1000

Does anyone have an opinion about these?

The Canon A2 printer has arrived, and I am waiting for a few bits and pieces to be delivered before I try and get it to print.

The ink situation is a separate post (whether or not Inktec brand will rapidly fade).

Apparently, the cartridge chips require bypassing ….. all 12 of them.

Therefore, I wonder if anyone on this forum has an opinion or experience.

• The first option appears to be a waste of money. Single use chips (twelve of them) cost roughly £120 for the set of twelve. They work ONCE, and are replaced when the (80ml) cartridge runs out. Did I make a mistake? Doesn’t sound realistic.
  • A chip resitter contraption exists and is sold on EBay for roughly £80. Will this do the trick? Just plonk an empty cartridge onto it and everything works as new? Or not?
  • Mr. Toolman is a printing expert, and I forced myself to watch one of his videos about this specific printer. He has an interesting contraption integrated into his printer with various blinking LED lights indicating (roughly) the ink level of refilled cartridges. Found the seller …. approximately £250 plus postage (and import problems) from USA. Anyone used it? Is it a good thing? Better than a chip resitter? Rubbish? Great? The video showing the Ink Level Sensor System is here

Attachments

• PC Low Ink Warning System V2.jpeg
    PC Low Ink Warning System V2.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 100

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Therefore, I wonder if anyone on this forum has an opinion or experience.
There is no need for any one time chips or resetter for the Pro 1000, when these carts become empty, simply disable the ink monitoring for each cart as it happens, and just refill using a large syringe and filling tip.. This only happens the once with each cart..

Weight the new carts before use and then you’ll know how much ink to refill with, the printer will stop when it detaches no ink left in a cart.. Good luck with your new printer..

P.S. Sorry you had to endure Toolmans video.. :lol:

photog-art-printer

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP
Wow. That’s an easy solution and great advice (and cheap). Thanks for that.

OK … (Weight the new carts before use) … I’ll buy a little scale.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I've seen @jtoolman 's videos too and appreciate the geniosity of @mikling , but if I had a PRO-1000 I would have come to the same conclusion as @The Hat .
The carts are so large that the time between weighing and refilling the carts is large enough. There is no flushing afterwards either as with printers with small carts directly on the printhead.
Rumors about the printer flushing extra ink after disabling ink monitoring seem proven false by @mikling 's sensor system too.
It adds comfort to inexperienced - or less disciplinated - users for sure, but changes nothing in the printer behaviour.

PS: this doesn't change my opinion the PRO-1000 is a complicated and expensive to run printer and overkill for me.
A2 format is only slightly larger than the maximum paper size a PRO-9500, PRO-10 or PRO-300 can handle.

Last edited:

photog-art-printer

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP
Thanks. Becoming cheaper as I learn. Have already ordered a mixture of expired ink ….. completely lost …. But various original and cheap ordered.

When I feel like it, i'll see colours are missing and hunt those down.

Scale found, used … less than 10 Euro.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
There is no need for any one time chips or resetter for the Pro 1000, when these carts become empty, simply disable the ink monitoring for each cart as it happens, and just refill using a large syringe and filling tip.. This only happens the once with each cart..

Weight the new carts before use and then you’ll know how much ink to refill with, the printer will stop when it detaches no ink left in a cart.. Good luck with your new printer..

P.S. Sorry you had to endure Toolmans video.. :lol:
P.S. that is nasty comment and it is so immature. Comments like this should be removed by the moderator but wait! you are the moderator! A fine display of where the sensibility of this place is headed, Should people point out your errors made in the past and even currently.
Have you owned such a machine? Do you even understand why Canon has a large reserve of ink at low? Do you know how the ink dispensing system in the 1000 works or are you simply guessing? and issuing "sage" advice?
Jealousy abounds in this space.

photog-art-printer

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP
I've seen @jtoolman 's videos too and appreciate the geniosity of @mikling , but if I had a PRO-1000 I would have come to the same conclusion as @The Hat .
The carts are so large that the time between weighing and refilling the carts is large enough. There is no flushing afterwards either as with printers with small carts directly on the printhead.
Rumors about the printer flushing extra ink after disabling ink monitoring seem proven false by @mikling 's sensor system too.
It adds comfort to inexperienced - or less disciplinated - users for sure, but changes nothing in the printer behaviour.

PS: this doesn't change my opinion the PRO-1000 is a complicated and expensive to run printer and overkill for me.
A2 format is only slightly larger than the maximum paper size a PRO-9500, PRO-10 or PRO-300 can handle.
RE - A2 format is only slightly larger than the maximum paper size a PRO-9500 ... can handle

Yes, paper size is not significantly larger than A3+ (ill do

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
P.S. that is nasty comment and it is so immature. Comments like this should be removed by the moderator but wait! you are the moderator! A fine display of where the sensibility of this place is headed, Should people point out your errors made in the past and even currently.
Have you owned such a machine? Do you even understand why Canon has a large reserve of ink at low? Do you know how the ink dispensing system in the 1000 works or are you simply guessing? and issuing "sage" advice?
Jealousy abounds in this space.
Peace !
My excuses in @The Hat 's name.
He was only joking about José's endless youtube videos ;) .

I always appreciated your contributions there.
From my experience with the PRO-10 your inks are the best 3th party available (sadly economically not viable to purchase overseas, but that's another problem).
I learned enough from you (and José) about the PRO-1000 to decide it is not a printer for me.
Will stick with the PRO-10, I know why.

Last edited:

photog-art-printer

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP
You are correct, and I am a bit stupid because i own (if not stolen .... likely in Greece, because the country is knee deep in thieves) both a Canon 9500 plus the model before it ... maybe a 9000.
The reason I feel stupid today is because I know the Canon 9500 is an A3+ printer, and now I think there is a possibility that it is not.
Am I a fool?
Somewhere, I read the 9500 can, in fact, take a larger sheet of paper than A3+ .... but I have not confirmed that snippet of info.
If that is the case, my search and purchase of an A2 printer has been a waste of time .... at least in theory.
In reality, it has probably been stolen by one of the newly formed Greek gangs, that travel around the islands on boats, pretending to be hunters, with guns, looking for empty property.
Beware of the old stories about being able to leave your door open in Greece. That is history. Different place now.

So ... the interesting question is ... how much bigger than A3+ can the Canon 9500 A3+ printer ... print?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO-10 (and PRO-9500) can print 355mm large at 584 long (65mm less wide and 10mm shorter) via the manual feed.
On the normal tray 329mm wide and 676mm long.

Last edited:

Latest posts