Changing Colors in BCI-6 Carts

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I would like to refill some BCI-6 carts with Hobbicolor RED and GREEN inks. I have a heap of old OEM BCI-6 carts, but no RED or GREEN carts, so I would like to flush out several of the other 6 color carts, and use them. It seems there is always a residual "tint" to the sponge after a warm water flush and soak.

I use this for flushing:

http://www.inkjetsaver.com/bci-3 fill adapter.html

Any suggestions or concerns??

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I have some BCI-6 Red and Green carts that I refilled years ago but since I sold my iP9900 printers, they have not been used and some of them have partially dried out--that is the level of the ink in the reservoirs have gone down which means it is a little more concentrated in the sponges. I can get $3 for them by recycling them at Staples but if you or anyone else in the US wants some at that price, just send me an email and they'll be on the way. If you want some that still have a full reservoir, they will be $4. The ink is Formulabs. Free shipping.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
turbguy said:
I would like to refill some BCI-6 carts with Hobbicolor RED and GREEN inks. I have a heap of old OEM BCI-6 carts, but no RED or GREEN carts, so I would like to flush out several of the other 6 color carts, and use them. It seems there is always a residual "tint" to the sponge after a warm water flush and soak.

I use this for flushing:

http://www.inkjetsaver.com/bci-3 fill adapter.html

Any suggestions or concerns??
I've flushed out some of my BCI-6 cartridges and have a clean white sponges. If you use the lighter color tanks such as the PM, PC, R, G and yellow they will flush out white. I use hot water to flush the cartridges out, it takes about 4 or 5 flushes to get them clean.