Cartridges at Lidl from july 25

iaiconjenny

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Lucas28 said:
HP printers are popular in The Netherlands, thats why Lidl includes a set of HP carts in their offer.
I checked some prices, and the compatible 364XL carts are costly here too. The newer the printer, the higher the prices of compatible carts. The compatibles of the Canon 550 is also expensive compared to Canon 520.

So the Lidl offer with one price for all is not bad.
Ive tried Lidl carts for Epson and Im satisfied. Density and colour is the same as Epson and there is no clogging. Pigment ink however appears to be diluted with dye ink. I dont care about that, most people dont, but its only fair to mention it here.

Maybe you can order some 364XL cart directly in China, they cant be expensive there.
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=hp+364xl&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20130724124952
Hi Lucas, it is a great idea to order directly from China, but one point, you should confirm with the buyer how long it would take for the shipping, sometimes it is very long time...

iaiconjenny

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
It seems the Google translation only works sporadically, so here is the Danish site: http://www.inkpro.dk/produkter/4532-hp-deskjet-d5445/?gclid=CKi_856QyLgCFeGWtAodiXMAZw

You see that compatible cartridges can be even more expensive than DKK35, "u/chip" and "uden chip" means "without chip" and "Inkl moms" means "inclusive VAT"

To keep printing costs down I refill my Canon cartridges with quality brand name inks from Octoinkjet UK. You don't find quality inks in Denmark, you have to buy from the UK or from Germany.

My estimated cost for refilling a PGI-5 PGBK cartridge is 2 and for a CLI-8 cartridge is 1. These costs include ink, accessories, and shipping. The colour match is also much better than with compatible cartridges, and while some compatible cartridges work well, if used only once, other compatible cartridges can ruin the printer by leaking or causing ink starvation.
Hi Peter, you donot have a good quality brand of compatible cartridges in Denmark? and have to buy from UK or Germany? Or you have compatile cartridges brand in Denmark, but with not good quality?

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
Today I bought some cartridges at Lidl. On the box it says: ink Swiss made. The carts are manufactured in Chechnya.
The 364XL carts were sold out immediately, I couldn't get hold of a single one. Maybe I triggered that with my announcement on this forum.

14o671t.jpg

As you can see, the chip sits nicely in some kind of cradle

Many more cartridge types were offered than announced in the folder, so maybe you should check your local Lidl store anyway, Peter.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Lucas28 wrote:

Many more cartridge types were offered than announced in the folder, so maybe you should check your local Lidl store anyway, Peter.
I'll do that. Thank you for the info :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
PeterBJ said:
Lucas28 wrote:

I'll do that. Thank you for the info :)
We had this cartridge offer here a couple of weeks ago but by the time I got to the store,
they were all sold out except for Brother cartridges..

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
The local Lidl today have a few ink carts left. Brother/Epson/HP364XL 2.99 ea. or 5.00 for 2 No Canon were on offer. On a different aisle the United Office A4/6x4 photo paper A4 was 5.99 per pack. Very good paper as recommended by the Hat.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
inkswiss?..
is big shit.. druckerzubehoer.de sells theirs stuff
cartriges and chips are okay but the ink itself is horrible

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
I think the ink is from 3T-Supplies, which is usually sold under the brand name 'Peach'. Not a bad product. The peach carts cost a bit more, but Lidl can offer it for a sharper price.

The odd shape of the Lidl carts for Epson is the same as the Peach ones.

I've tried the Lidl carts for Epson and the colours are the same as OEM. I've already mentioned that the pigment ink appears to be mixed with dye ink, but that is quite normal in Peach price range.
The carts for Canon? I haven't opened them yet.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
i really dont like 3rd party cartriges EVER since i never know what kind of ink they hold..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I got a free set of 16 cartridges from Ink Swiss and their colours were a little bit off
which is not to be unexpected they did however work with a little bit of tweaking.

I was perfectly happy using their dye inks and cartridges and never had any problems
with them and as far as I know it was Korean ink..