Cartridges at Lidl from july 25

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
Each half year Lidl sells cartridges for popular printers. 6 months ago Ive tried some and I have no complaints about density and flow.

2mqov0w.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi Lucas28

Do you know if the cartridges for HP and Canon come with or without a chip? The cartridges are not available in Denmark at present, but may be available soon.

I am trying to repair a HP Photosmart printer and could use some new cartridges, but I don't want to pay the price of OEM, in case I cannot repair the printer.

iaiconjenny

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
Hi Lucas28

Do you know if the cartridges for HP and Canon come with or without a chip? The cartridges are not available in Denmark at present, but may be available soon.

I am trying to repair a HP Photosmart printer and could use some new cartridges, but I don't want to pay the price of OEM, in case I cannot repair the printer.
Hi Peter,
if the OEM cartridge is with chips , then you can buy compatible cartridge with chip
which model you mention is not available in Denmark?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It was the Lidl offer that was not available in Denmark.

It is the HP 364 XL cartridges I need a set of. HP OEM cartridges are available in Denmark but way too expensive for a printer that I may or may not be able to repair. Compatible cartridges are also available from other suppliers in Denmark, but are more expensive. You can also buy less expensive compatible cartridges without a chip, but the newer versions of the HP 364 OEM cartridges have a chip with a foil thin PCB which is epoxied to the cartridge. It is impossible to remove that chip for transfer without destroying it.

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
The cartridges come with chip. Lidl sells typical consumer products. The normal consumer doesn't know about cartridges with or without chip. He simply expects to have a working printer after the cartridge exchange. So the cartridges must be ready to use. The 'normalverbraucher' doesn't have a chip resetter.

In the past I often bought Lidl cartridges for Epson and they had a chip.

I think one of these days Lidl brings this product in other countries too. So keep your eyes open.

iaiconjenny

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
It was the Lidl offer that was not available in Denmark.

It is the HP 364 XL cartridges I need a set of. HP OEM cartridges are available in Denmark but way too expensive for a printer that I may or may not be able to repair. Compatible cartridges are also available from other suppliers in Denmark, but are more expensive. You can also buy less expensive compatible cartridges without a chip, but the newer versions of the HP 364 OEM cartridges have a chip with a foil thin PCB which is epoxied to the cartridge. It is impossible to remove that chip for transfer without destroying it.
HP 364XL, now usually, it shoule be with chip, it is more convinient for use. In Denmark, the compatible cartridges are with high price? If so, then why people should buy compatible cartridges instead of OEM cartridges?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi Lucas28

Thank you for info. Ink cartridges will be available from next week at Lidl DK and UK and possibly at Lidl in more countries. But for some strange reason Lidl DK only offers cartridges for Canon and Lidl UK only offers cartridges for Brother and Epson.

Hi iaiconjenny

When I wrote:

...Compatible cartridges are also available from other suppliers in Denmark, but are more expensive.
I meant more expensive than the Lidl offer, not more expensive than HP OEM cartridges. I think this is what made you wonder? :)

I think the prices from this supplier are typical of prices for HP OEM and compatible cartridges in Denmark.: http://translate.google.dk/translat...skjet-d5445/?gclid=CK6G-c_TxbgCFQFf3god9FAArQ

The Canon compatible cartridges from Lidl DK are priced at DKK 35, so I think cartridges for HP would have been priced similarly, if they had been included in the offer. 1 DKK = 0.13 EUR = 0.18 USD. The price of the chipped Lidl cartridges is the same as the price of unchipped cartridges from the supplier mentioned above.

iaiconjenny

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
Hi Lucas28

Thank you for info. Ink cartridges will be available from next week at Lidl DK and UK and possibly at Lidl in more countries. But for some strange reason Lidl DK only offers cartridges for Canon and Lidl UK only offers cartridges for Brother and Epson.

Hi iaiconjenny

When I wrote:

...Compatible cartridges are also available from other suppliers in Denmark, but are more expensive.
I meant more expensive than the Lidl offer, not more expensive than HP OEM cartridges. I think this is what made you wonder? :)

I think the prices from this supplier are typical of prices for HP OEM and compatible cartridges in Denmark.: http://translate.google.dk/translat...skjet-d5445/?gclid=CK6G-c_TxbgCFQFf3god9FAArQ

The Canon compatible cartridges from Lidl DK are priced at DKK 35, so I think cartridges for HP would have been priced similarly, if they had been included in the offer. 1 DKK = 0.13 EUR = 0.18 USD. The price of the chipped Lidl cartridges is the same as the price of unchipped cartridges from the supplier mentioned above.
wow, the price for the cartridges are really high in Denmark. Usually, for a compatible HP 364Xl with chips, the cost is about $2.50, but in Denmark, it can be sold at 35DKK*0.18USD=6.30USD.
Great profits in Denmark....

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It seems the Google translation only works sporadically, so here is the Danish site: http://www.inkpro.dk/produkter/4532-hp-deskjet-d5445/?gclid=CKi_856QyLgCFeGWtAodiXMAZw

You see that compatible cartridges can be even more expensive than DKK35, "u/chip" and "uden chip" means "without chip" and "Inkl moms" means "inclusive VAT"

To keep printing costs down I refill my Canon cartridges with quality brand name inks from Octoinkjet UK. You don't find quality inks in Denmark, you have to buy from the UK or from Germany.

My estimated cost for refilling a PGI-5 PGBK cartridge is 2 and for a CLI-8 cartridge is 1. These costs include ink, accessories, and shipping. The colour match is also much better than with compatible cartridges, and while some compatible cartridges work well, if used only once, other compatible cartridges can ruin the printer by leaking or causing ink starvation.

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
HP printers are popular in The Netherlands, thats why Lidl includes a set of HP carts in their offer.
I checked some prices, and the compatible 364XL carts are costly here too. The newer the printer, the higher the prices of compatible carts. The compatibles of the Canon 550 is also expensive compared to Canon 520.

So the Lidl offer with one price for all is not bad.
Ive tried Lidl carts for Epson and Im satisfied. Density and colour is the same as Epson and there is no clogging. Pigment ink however appears to be diluted with dye ink. I dont care about that, most people dont, but its only fair to mention it here.

Maybe you can order some 364XL cart directly in China, they cant be expensive there.
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=hp+364xl&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20130724124952