CanonPro-100

wcandrews@sccoast.net

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I will receive my Canon Pro-100 tomorrow, and the issue of third party ink is at hand.

Precision Colors is the only source I can find for Pro-100 third party ink. I have been using OCP in my Canon Pro9000, but OCP says that they dont have ink for the Pro-100, and it isnt on their list to do. They say that if they get a lot or requests for this ink, they may consider it.

There may be inks from China of unknown quality, but I havent looked there and will not.

Its nice to know that one of own has made good ink available for the Pro-100. Hope it all works out!

Good Luck,
Wil

wcandrews@sccoast.net

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I purchased the printer from Adorama. The deal was the printer, 50 sheets of 13x19 paper, free shipping, and rebate forms. My net cost for the whole kit is $89.00.

If you are interested in this printer, there are things you need to know.

The promotion ends Sept 2.

There are three options available:

1. Buy printer only -- rebate is $200.00
2. Buy printer and paper -- rebate $300.00
3. Buy printer and camera -- rebate $400.00

Adorama included the paper free so the $300.00 rebate works.

The paper was back ordered because they are waiting for a shipment from Canon.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
What a the pro's with the Pro 100? Its a DYE based printer with NONE really good working refill solution afaik.. There are plenty OTHER DYE printers (Epson 1400 / 1500w) and the older canons out there that will do the job with refillable carts and 3rd party bulk ink AND custom profiles just as fine... I really dont care about the rabattes to since there is none solution out there Canons is simply doing the math: sell the printer for cheap profit from cartriges..

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If a resetter and perfect refill solutions were available, then you'd expect Canon to let this deal go for $89. Seriously?...

Find me a better overall printer, coupled with high quality paper, for $89. Show me the deals. Canon never thought a solution would be this quick. The resetter, yes, is an unknown. That never stopped original purchasers of the Canon iP4200, iP5200 from buying those printers when they initially appeared. Look at resetters from a viewpoint of being lucky to have one..not from demanding one be available.

Also consider this, show me a new printer, where after $89 with paper ( the paper alone is worth more at retail) you can go out and get a refill kit with everything you need to support that printer including ICC profiles for as low as $28.88 that give approx 5-6 refills per color....and it is possibly the best dye ink printer ever made. Did I mention the Pro-100 feels well built and it also weighs a ton unlike those other desktop featherweights? It is unquestionably a quality printer and the $89 deal is no joke. Those lucky enough to know their way around refilling will benefit immensely.

That is the Pro..the only CON is there is no resetter as "yet". But that's the same for HPs. Just remember, anytime the mfrs want to stop a resetter, that technology is always available, it is just a matter of putting it out if they so choose. Whether Canon has done so this round, we don't know as yet.

BTW, the 1400 is no longer competitive against the Pro-100 in image quality. See my review. I've had them both and the Pro-100 easily beats the Epson 1400 which is now unfortunately getting rather old now and needs an update badly.

http://www.precisioncolors.com/Pro-100.html

I just got off the phone with a call from someone asking me for a recommendation. His iP6600 died. Guess what he's going to get from Adorama.
Wil, Thanks for letting the community know where the deals are.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I don't have a resetter for my HP, and I never expect to see one. It works fine anyway. Of all the problems you can have, that's one of the easiest to deal with.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
We will see what Epson has in there sleeve mid septembre I guess.

and "new" A3 dye printer utilizing the new Claria HD formula (as seen in the XP 850 / XP 750) but this means only 6 colors again..
replacement for the 3880 pro
replacement for the 4900 pro

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Mike - Glad you posted your TOO NICE reply before I!
WOW!

wcandrews@sccoast.net

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
cls:
My posts weren't to try to sell a printer, just information for those who have an interest in this printer. If you don't like the printer, just don't buy it for a net $89.00 plus 50 sheets of 13x19 photo paper.

My info was for those who have an interest in this printer. For those, the clock is running.

Good Luck!
Wil

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Its a restricted sale action in USA... the Pro100 isnt on cash back or anything

its still on EUR 456,99

wcandrews@sccoast.net

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
cls,
I don't know what your issue is. My post was about a promotion in the USA. What is your problem?