Canon USA statement on Grey Market Products

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
EU is still divided into two markets: so-called "Old Union" and "New Union".
Some time ago, a lumberjack to convince me that a professional chainsaw can only be purchased in Germany.
Chainsaws reputable manufacturer sold in my country and in Germany it is not the same, despite the identical markings catalog.

Ł.

That's why I bought my bosch brand power tools from Germany !

1. Price to buy from Germany is cheaper including shipping
2. The tools have complete sets of accessories, when locally they do not even have cases.
3. The service part number (serial) is for EU and not OE (Outside Europe, meaning russia and all new EU countries that the crap is sold in.)

So there you go, another example how EU does not work as supposed.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Does Coca-Cola change it's formulation for different markets? I think not...

Does McDonalds change its menu for different markets? Of course they d0!

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Does Coca-Cola change it's formulation for different markets? I think not...

Does McDonalds change its menu for different markets? Of course they d0!

Yes, Coca-Cola tastes different depending on the country you buy it from.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I may be missing the boat here, but I thought that Gray Market was when Manufacturers sold via an Agent at Local Price in that Country, and enterprises outside(mainly) but in Aust there are a growing number of enterprising young folk buying directly from the manufacturer or an Agent in a third country, and selling just cheaper than the Manufacturers Agent and Distributors.

This is Capitalism at work. Get over it Girls and Boys..........a FREE market at work.

What is being posted here are prime examples of the strong exploiting the weak, corruption, pay offs, and worse still Government sanctioned TRADE.

I have 3 Stihl chainsaws, there is a choice of many brands at many price points. Some have cases as standard, others do not. Anyone can just walk in an purchase any from the smallest to the largest. My Son-in-Law was astounded and somewhat nervous, because he needed to have a licence to operate a Professional Chainsaw in England. ( I pointed out that he was not operating the flaming thing in England, we were in Australia......but that went right over his head, didn't even raise a wimper, let alone a smile!)

I was astounded that he did not know how to use a chainsaw, brush cutter, pole saw, post hole auger, or a ride on lawn mower.........
My wife observed that we live outside! coming inside to eat, shower (once a year) and to sleep...otherwise we are outside doing work around the farm.:weee

There is no THEY, its us, if flat tasteless Coke was not acceptable and the masses were not totally apathetic, there would be feedback (AKA..... burps), and change.

Local preferences have nothing to do with Gray Market statements by Canon.

AND I DEMAND that someone explain to @turbguy, which of the brands (in Europe) is Nutella flavoured, Cone inks suck in the taste department, I think its because Jon Cone is too tight to add flavour, but then his Carbon based inks are allegedly excellent for faltulence however, little is known if its for the creation of, or abatement of.....:hugs.:smack :sick I am not willing to find out as black lips are a sure symptom of the Black Plague and it would just start widespread panic and food hoarding.:gig

I think I am getting BORED again!!

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Yes, Coca-Cola tastes different depending on the country you buy it from.
You may be correct, by the concentrate formula sold to franchisers (bottlers) is the same, world-wide...

That said, those outside the US would probably be astounded by the vast array of firearms that are available for "public consumption" here.

Last edited:

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I may be missing the boat here, but I thought that Gray Market was when Manufacturers sold via an Agent at Local Price in that Country, and enterprises outside(mainly) but in Aust there are a growing number of enterprising young folk buying directly from the manufacturer or an Agent in a third country, and selling just cheaper than the Manufacturers Agent and Distributors.

This is Capitalism at work. Get over it Girls and Boys..........a FREE market at work.

What is being posted here are prime examples of the strong exploiting the weak, corruption, pay offs, and worse still Government sanctioned TRADE.

I have 3 Stihl chainsaws, there is a choice of many brands at many price points. Some have cases as standard, others do not. Anyone can just walk in an purchase any from the smallest to the largest. My Son-in-Law was astounded and somewhat nervous, because he needed to have a licence to operate a Professional Chainsaw in England. ( I pointed out that he was not operating the flaming thing in England, we were in Australia......but that went right over his head, didn't even raise a wimper, let alone a smile!)

I was astounded that he did not know how to use a chainsaw, brush cutter, pole saw, post hole auger, or a ride on lawn mower.........
My wife observed that we live outside! coming inside to eat, shower (once a year) and to sleep...otherwise we are outside doing work around the farm.:weee

There is no THEY, its us, if flat tasteless Coke was not acceptable and the masses were not totally apathetic, there would be feedback (AKA..... burps), and change.

Local preferences have nothing to do with Gray Market statements by Canon.

AND I DEMAND that someone explain to @turbguy, which of the brands (in Europe) is Nutella flavoured, Cone inks suck in the taste department, I think its because Jon Cone is too tight to add flavour, but then his Carbon based inks are allegedly excellent for faltulence however, little is known if its for the creation of, or abatement of.....:hugs.:smack :sick I am not willing to find out as black lips are a sure symptom of the Black Plague and it would just start widespread panic and food hoarding.:gig

I think I am getting BORED again!!

"I think I am getting BORED again!!" - Yes but you have a way with words - go for it. :weee

Incidentally a dieing skill in our era of electronic communications and a world of LOL, AFAIK, and worse!

RS

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Fortunately I am pig ignorant when it comes to all of these fancy Abbreviations, OMG is about the only one I know thankfully.. :) :ya