Canon USA statement on Grey Market Products

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Weee = Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment

It's like the invented 'Piracy tax' on blank storage.
So now I know I have payed it when I buy my storage media, and since I did I feel free to do whatever I want with it. Including using pirate media, because artist get payed (or should have) by the tax I payed. If they do not get the money, it's their problem, they should think where the money goes that should support them IMHO.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/piracy...s-holders-want-eur36-extra-on-german-mobiles/

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
In my country you must do it yourself, or have a stash of money. I choose the DIY way, because the servicemen are way more stupid than average DIY user on this forum.
I endeavour to do all my own DYI but when it’s a software glitch you have no choice but to return it to the mother ship… :he :somad :idunno

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well if it' software glitch you can consult http://resetters.ru/ forum for a way to reflash the firmware. If it's hardware failure then you have to scrap it.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It's like the invented 'Piracy tax' on blank storage....
We have the same tax in Denmark, but they don't have this tax in Germany. Even if I have to pay shipping costs, I save a lot of money by buying my blank CDs and DVDs from Germany, so this is another example of parallel import.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I also buy allot of thing from Germany, because it's cheaper and because it's better quality items even if same brand available locally.

Good example, Nutella sweetened hazelnut chocolate spread
Try some from Poland and then from Germany. You can see and taste the difference.
The German version is more healthy and contains no palm oil, big label sticked on denotes this.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now we’re getting down to the nub of the problem, why didn’t you say so earlier. :hu
@Smile doesn’t like 3rd party Nutella Chocolate spread, only the profiled OEM stuff. :celebrate
Don’t we all…:weee

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
That's a good one The Hat :)

I'm really amazed how big brands doesn't care about their brand names, and sell good stuff in one country, and crap in the next. This should stop. And I always help EPSON by saying to everyone - you never know what's in that cart as EPSON clearly can sell cheap ink in bottles, why you should be sure they do not for ink carts?

For all I know German ink carts can have true claria ink, and the others cheap stuff.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Does any OEM sell Nutella-based ink?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I'm really amazed how big brands doesn't care about their brand names, and sell good stuff in one country, and crap in the next.
It may be that taste testing done in a country results in a slightly different formulation to suite the preferences of that culture. Maybe there are regulations in certain countries that require certain ingredients be used or not used. It could also be purely profit driven.

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
It's like the invented 'Piracy tax' on blank storage.
So now I know I have payed it when I buy my storage media, and since I did I feel free to do whatever I want with it. Including using pirate media, because artist get payed (or should have) by the tax I payed. If they do not get the money, it's their problem, they should think where the money goes that should support them IMHO.
Copyright levies tax is called in my country "Opłata reprograficzna". It is also applied to printers, copiers, papers (media) and it can be even extended to smartphones and tablets in the near future.

EU is still divided into two markets: so-called "Old Union" and "New Union".
Some time ago, a lumberjack to convince me that a professional chainsaw can only be purchased in Germany.
Chainsaws reputable manufacturer sold in my country and in Germany it is not the same, despite the identical markings catalog.

Ł.