Canon Prograf 2100

Jonno

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Prograf 2100
Hi everyone,

Just after a bit of advice. We use a Canon pro 2100 to print wall art and get through a lot of OEM ink. The savings if I moved to remanufactured cart's never mind manually refilling would be massive.

Is there a remanufactured cartridge supplier anyone could recommend? There seems to be lots of Chinese companies but unsure of quality.

Thanks for your help.

Jonno

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Jonno.

To better help you, please tell us what country you live in. Shipping across oceans/seas can be costly or not available at all.

To clarify... you are only interested in remanufactured prefilled cartridges and not interested in refilling cartridges yourself?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
There seems to be lots of Chinese companies but unsure of quality.
If you find OEM ink cost is a bit excessive then AliExpress has 700 ml carts with or without ink for your machine, and purchasing from China through AliExpress is very safe, and is recommended..
I am currently using chinese inks in my Canon printer..

Jonno

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Prograf 2100
Thanks guys!

I’m in the UK and my Canon Pro 2100 is pretty new.

Getting through a lot of ink so could save me some serious spend.

I’ve seen the ones on Ali express which are about 25% of the price of OEM.

Can you give experience on the quality of the ink?

Thanks

Jonno

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Can you give experience on the quality of the ink?
What can I say, I have used the Chinese pigment inks for nearly ten years and found it’s as good as most others, but remember OEM always has the edge, and you may find some colour drift with this ink but if your prepared for it then there’s no issue.. over all a very positive experience..

Jonno

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Prograf 2100
Thanks Mr Hat!!

I have a new machine coming in, would it make sense to start it up on Chinese ink?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
To run a Pro2100 with third party consumables the main factor it isn't if the ink is close to OEM or far from it ; the quid question is the chip.
AFAIK there're no third party chips available for the Canon Pro-2000 series, so the only alternative to Non OEM cartridges seems to be disable ink monitoring. Personally, I'd never do that with my humble Pro-10, let alone a higher grade machine like the Pro-2100.
Or I'm missing something ?

Jonno

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Prograf 2100
Why does it matter whether the ink monitor is disabled or not?

If it saves 70% on the ink cost is that a big deal?

Thanks

Jon

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have a new machine coming in, would it make sense to start it up on Chinese ink?
There is no reason why you can’t use compatible carts to start up on, I did just that with my new Maxify and it accepted them without any hesitation.

If you Choose to get compatibles from AliExpress, each of the sizes of cart they sell comes with Chips, whether there’re one time or ARC, I don’t know, just ask if you’re not sure and they will say tell you.. (Most likly one time)
AFAIK there're no third party chips available for the Canon Pro-2000 series,
They all come with Chips.....

Why does it matter whether the ink monitor is disabled or not?
Always try to avoid running with the ink monitoring disabled, because the printer will waste a lot of ink with that method..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
No experience myself, but I'm pretty sure that José Rodríguez ( Jtoolman) said recently in one of his livestreams that there're third party single use chips for Pro1000 but nothing at all (ARC or single use) for Canon Pro2000 and above, That is, chips that have been tested to perform OK.
Another thing is that you'll find vendors in Ebay or Ali-Express selling those chips for the Pro2000 but AFAIK nobody has repported a successful experience with them.