Canon Pro 9000

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
For the information of the owners of the Canon Pro 9000 and the Canon i9900. I just replaced the print head on my i9900, it was purchased from Canon and cost around $60.00 plus shipping. On the box is a list of printers that the print head will work in. For PIXUS 9900i/9910i/i9900/i9950/iP8600/IP8500/Pro9000. My i9900 doesn't use the new CLI8 cartridges but the BCI-6 cartridges which don't have the usage chip. I'm not positive but owners of the listed printers probably can refill their cartridges without fear of the chip disabling their printer eventually.

Seeing the CLI-8 cartridges I think my statement above may be wrong, due to the fact the usage chip is on the back of the cartridge and the printers I mention may have the circuitry on the the back of the cartridge holder, sorry.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
When did Canon print head become that cheap? That's really good news. Thermo-bubblejet print heads have a limited lifespan. If the price for a new print head is too high people probably will not buy Canon again when their print head dies. If the price is reasonable it becomes a wear out item like tires on cars that need replacement on a regular basis. The price of a Pro9000 is around $400 now. I believe Canon did not sell it well. They finally lowered the price including the price for replacement print head.