Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
:thumbsup

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
New yellow cart arrived today. Cleaned spilled ink from the head and fitted cart. The first print was fine, and no ink has leaked. Yet. The problem seems intermittent.

I'll report back if I have any further problems, but don't hold your collected breaths, I don't print often, and, as I said, it seems intermittent.

I didn't know you had spare carts already, in fact nothing ever can happen to them (except a dried outlet sponge by storing without clip).
The issue you reported is rather uncommon.
All I can imagine is you didn't clean the cartridge around the ink outlet after refilling (and before inserting) and that dried ink spoiled the seal. The oval rubber gaskets around the ink inlets of the printhead are very sturdy and seldom cause problems.
Do you weigh your carts while/after refilling (32.5 g without clip) and do you remove the air by squeezing the cart (upside down) until all foam bubbles disappear ?
These carts are very easy to refill with some care.
Sorry to insist.

Your printer looks fine and is barely used ;).
Happy printing !

Last edited:

martin_t

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP620 Canon Pro 10S
I have two sets of carts. And three of some colours - including yellow now ;)

I always get the carts as clean as possible, without examining them under a microscope, before inserting. I try to fill them to 32g, and that sometimes means some of them are close to overflowing, while others I know could take another gram or so (I know because I've done it). The new yellow cart was 31g... And, yes, I do expel the air.

I previously cleaned the head of leaked yellow as well as I could without taking the head out. Today I took the head out (and the gasket) and removed virtually all the yellow spillage. There was a lot of ink trapped in the seal, so maybe that (non-dried out) ink wasn't helping at all.

Latest posts