Canon Pixma Pro 100 won't start

André

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma-Pro 100 (PC inks)
I reorganized my room yesterday and moved my printer. Was handled properly and not bumped around or anything. Afterwards, I was able to start up the printer and use it normally. Today I went to turn it back on and nothing happens.

I tried unplugging it from the power bar and plugging it directly in the outlet and still nothing.

Anything else is working properly in both the power bar and directly in the outlet.

Any advice on things to try before contacting Canon.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @André, this may sound a bit silly, but try pushing on the power lead a bit harder, where it enters the back of the printer, sometime these female plugs don’t fit very smoothly... :hu

André

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma-Pro 100 (PC inks)
Thanks. I had tried that, tried a few times actually and turning the connector over and things like holding down the power button longer (maybe there was some hard reset function). Anyways, i was just about to come update. I ended up unplugging everything and leaving it sit for an hour or two. Plugged everything back in and it started fine. No clue what happened but kind of makes me nervous it'll happen again. Am going to check if it is still under warranty.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@André, Thank you for the feedback and the good news, I’m glad you back in business again...;)

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Thanks. I had tried that, tried a few times actually and turning the connector over and things like holding down the power button longer (maybe there was some hard reset function). Anyways, i was just about to come update. I ended up unplugging everything and leaving it sit for an hour or two. Plugged everything back in and it started fine. No clue what happened but kind of makes me nervous it'll happen again. Am going to check if it is still under warranty.

The printer Gods are messing with you! ;)

Beware the "Ides of March"

-from the soothsayer-