Canon Pixma Pro-100 ink refills

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The iX6520 is nowhere near as good as the Pro 100 but you have the availability of all the inks and a resetter.

Refilling your OEM cartridges is by far the best and the cheapest option around and all you have to do
is to read up on how its done and copy it dont deviate from that and youll be fine, in fact its very easy.

Except for the light grey all the other inks in the I.S range are acceptable to use for the Pro 100
plus its great for the B&W photos also..

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The Pro-100 is sitting there after I get over the MG5440. Initially it looks like the CLi-8 inkset/iP6600/6700 will do the trick but some custom profiles maybe necessary. If you're in a rush then by all means. I have NOT done any testing as yet. Space and time is restricting at the moment. This reminds me to send in the rebate form too.

variform

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I went ahead and purchased the Pro-100

Any cheap paper anyone would suggest for this printer? 13x19, 11x17, etc

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900

andy_48

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma iP8750; Pixma MG6650
Firstly, may I say how delighted I was to stumble across this forum a few days ago. I've learned a considerable amount in a short time about solutions to problems I hadn't realised I had! An upfront thank you to the experts who post on here for the benefit of "freshers" like me.

I've been printing my own (very amateur) photos for years but my latest all-in-one Canon MG5350 has been disappointing me with a magenta cast. This manifests itself in ruddy faces (that I have to manually tone down) and rather rosy B&W prints that no amount of fiddling can eliminate.

So, I've started on the quest to find a really good photo printer and, like so many before me, have baulked at the price of OEM cartridges. Hence, I found myself here. I'm currently leaning towards a Pro 100 but have a couple of concerns

The Hat wrote:

Except for the light grey all the other inks in the I.S range are acceptable to use for the Pro 100 plus its great for the B&W photos also..
There are two grey inks (GY and LGY) in the Pro 100. If I.S. don't make them, is there an alternative make/supplier?
Is it advisable to mix OEM grey ink carts along with other carts refilled with I.S. inks?
Is it even sensible to put non-OEM inks in a Pro 100 when they haven't been developed for and or/tested in a Pro 100 by those far more expert than me?

Finally, I'd really appreciate views on whether it might be more sensible to start with the older Pro 9000 Mk II for now as a proven refillable product and upgrade to a Pro 100 if ever independent inks/ACRs are developed in years to come. Current deals in the UK (inc Cashback) have the two printers priced roughly the same, hence my dilemma.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Given the choice of the availability of the 9000 as new old stock NOS. As of today, that is a better route as everything for refilling is available at low cost.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have to say you'de be very happy printing on the Pro 100 even if you had to use the same grey in both cartridges
and a mix match of other inks, but that all depends on you being willing to wait for new ink and resetter to become available later.

But as mikling mentioned the 9000 has everything going for it, formulated inks plus a resetter giving you more control and cheaper printing,
so it makes a better choice right now when they are at the same price and no waiting ..:)

mastermind85

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The Hat said:
I have to say you'de be very happy printing on the Pro 100 even if you had to use the same grey in both cartridges
and a mix match of other inks, but that all depends on you being willing to wait for new ink and resetter to become available later.

But as mikling mentioned the 9000 has everything going for it, formulated inks plus a resetter giving you more control and cheaper printing,
so it makes a better choice right now when they are at the same price and no waiting ..:)
Will there be any difference in quality between the refilled ink and own ink in this printer? Sorry, I'm new to this. Thanks!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Unless the time comes for a nicely matched set of dye inks for the PRO-100, OEM will always look and perform better.
There are ink sets from China on EBAY that are supposed to be for this printer. However whether they are good or not, you have to buy large volumes of them and shipping will definitely kill you.
So we have to wait for guys like milking and others to sort this out for us.