Canon Pixma Pro 10 Refilling

Dredmanlaw

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 10.
So I made my own profile with an xrite profiler, and it does the same thing, so it looks like the canon profile must be tweaked in a weird way. I have corrected my workflow to make it work!

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Just an update. During the summer of 2015, I tweaked the Pro-10 inkset to be even closer to the original.
Furthermore, I produced profiles for situations when Matte Paper is used and Matte Black Ink is loaded into the PK cartridge.
So the availability of profiles is there now in November 2015.

Those strong blues are possibly out of gamut and how the profiles shift the printed color will only be told by softproofing. What you can do is edit the image in the softproof mode to attempt to get the desired tweak to better close in on the desired color.

During the iteration of the inkset tweaks I thought I had a final version three times. The Pro-10 is not an easy printer to figure out and I discovered that by hacking away at it for weeks. It has an odd way of handling colors unlike something like the Pro9500.

I must wonder what Canon's OIG system is really all about and they in fact might be tweaking the profiles in a special way. The finding that a different profiling system produces similar results certainly makes me wonder.

Please let us know what workflow changes were required to get it to work.

Dredmanlaw

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 10.
My only workflow changes are to print and adjust for skin tones. the other colors don't matter that much for me. Since the ink is inexpensive, I can usually get something acceptable within 3 prints. I will order and try the new inks as I run out of these.

Thanks for all of your work on this,

Sam

Dredmanlaw

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 10.
Just ordered the new ink. I will let you know!

huskershoe

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-10
Aloha everyone, new to the forum here. I have a Canon Pixma Pro-10 and was wondering what has been the best option for refilling the cartridges and resetting the chips? Love the Canon ink, but dang is it pricey!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @huskershoe and welcome, your printer may have been expensive but by using 3rd party inks in your OEM cartridges you can save huge amounts of $$ because you have one of the easiest machines around for refilling..

You can get all the essentials you need for refilling at this site:- http://www.precisioncolors.com/C10B.html

P.S. I'm sure Mike delivers to Hawaii.

huskershoe

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-10
Hi @huskershoe and welcome, your printer may have been expensive but by using 3rd party inks in your OEM cartridges you can save huge amounts of $$ because you have one of the easiest machines around for refilling..

You can get all the essentials you need for refilling at this site:- http://www.precisioncolors.com/C10B.html

P.S. I'm sure Mike delivers to Hawaii.

Great, thanks so much! Looking forward to not buying those $130 packs every 10 prints!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@huskershoe, When you use refilled cartridges and one of your cartridges is showing low ink then you should replace it immediately and any other cartridge that is showing 50% or less ink at that time, the reason behind this ?

It stops your printer from running a cleaning cycle every time you replace a single cartridge and so it save time and quite a lot of ink, even if it is cheaper than OEM ink, it all helps..

Thombar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100, Canon MX922
@huskershoe, When you use refilled cartridges and one of your cartridges is showing low ink then you should replace it immediately and any other cartridge that is showing 50% or less ink at that time, the reason behind this ?

It stops your printer from running a cleaning cycle every time you replace a single cartridge and so it save time and quite a lot of ink, even if it is cheaper than OEM ink, it all helps..
Thanks for the info. Very helpful to know the why behind the procedure!

Latest posts