Canon Pixma MP620

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
thanks for your suggestions will weigh carts in future, assuming I get that far. Got the 5100 warning back again. Yet is was fine all day yesterday. Now being told printer is offline, when it patently is not. tried a LAN cable as well but no difference. If I try and print an e-mail says printer is offline. Yet if I select the help section I can select any page and it will print it. checked for newer drivers but windows says have update ones

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
thanks for your suggestions will weigh carts in future, assuming I get that far. Got the 5100 warning back again. Yet is was fine all day yesterday. Now being told printer is offline, when it patently is not. tried a LAN cable as well but no difference. If I try and print an e-mail says printer is offline. Yet if I select the help section I can select any page and it will print it. checked for newer drivers but windows says have update ones
Glad to say printer error seemed to have gone away, got printer online and printed about 20 pages yesterday using wireless setting without problems. Printed my 3 month energy bill this morning (ouch) fine. Thanks again for all the interest and assistance from various members.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Glad to say printer error seemed to have gone away, got printer online and printed about 20 pages yesterday using wireless setting without problems. Printed my 3 month energy bill this morning (ouch) fine. Thanks again for all the interest and assistance from various members.
Regret error back again and whilst some days I have managed a few pages now nothing. Had Cyan low ink so refilled and also topped all the others. Have tried cleaning the timing strip again, nothing on the paper. Put a New Head in a little while ago. The troubleshooter cannot find the error just when you click the information button it shows yellow triangle and message Windows will investigate further. Created a copy printer but got the same result. whether it is worth taking some of the covers off and checking the electrical connections. Not keen to do so unless I have too. All suggestions appreciated.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What exactly is the error message on the printer? Also, what happens exactly leading up to when the printer displays the error message? For instance, "I am using Microsoft word and I click print and the printer ..."

Created a copy printer
What does this mean?

Try connecting the printer via a USB cable to your computer and print only from the USB connected computer.

*Not critical to your issue, but, why do you quote your own previous post?

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
What exactly is the error message on the printer? Also, what happens exactly leading up to when the printer displays the error message? For instance, "I am using Microsoft word and I click print and the printer ..."

What does this mean?

Try connecting the printer via a USB cable to your computer and print only from the USB connected computer.

*Not critical to your issue, but, why do you quote your own previous post?
error message is 5100 Previously tried USB connection but no difference. I carefully checked the printer this morning, tried flooding the ink pads with water. checked carriage moved smoothly from end to end. switched printer back on, display seemed normal so tried printing some PDF files did 4 pages fine, but now nothing. NOT got the 5100 messsage back at present but not printing again and if you run the troubleshooter it appears to show no problem except for a yellow triangle when you click on detailed information (Windows 10) puzzling. sorry about the double post. Not up to date with Forum's proceedures, I am definitely getting too old for all this technology. Thanks for your interest. In control panel merely says error

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Potential solutions:

MP620 Error 5100.jpg

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The 5100 plagued my MP980 and eventually I got sick of it and it would not proceed after a restart. Threw it into the garbage uhh...recycling bin to make it sound better. My ip3600 occasionally produces a 5100 on long print runs. It is not the timing strip and as long as I don't use it for say an hour continuously...it seems to not appear. But one day.....................................

There is an underlying problem what it is ????

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Yes have got a COPY of the 620 manual none of the conditions described exist on my machine as confirmed by the troubleshooting report. only the yellow triangle top right corner. Yesterday had something major go wrong with my laptop and HP attemted automatic repair. This did not work just kept repeating the proceedure. So was forced into a full reset lost all my apps. and had to re-install Windows 10. After this was done had to get my anti-virus program back and some other important apps. The point is, I tried the Printer and it printed 4 pages perfectly. Greatly encouraged but today have got the 5100 error back again. Is there any way to either reset the printer or electrically delete it? Sorry to keep labouring on about this but Now my trusty back-up printer HP Photosmart 7760 has also failed. I appreciate that parts might be required, but service costs would well exceed its value. Thanks again, will keep trying.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I do not know of anything else to help with the 5100 error that hasn't already been covered in the thread. If the potential solutions do not work or are not practical then it is time for a new printer.

Latest posts