Canon pixma ip7250 - blinking 3 times

Mawilbolou

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma ip7250
Hello

I wonder if anyone could help me please.
I have a Canon Pixma ip7250.

It blinks 3 times.
white light, orange light... x3 before pausing.

I have had a look on Canon's site.
"Support Code=1300, 1304, 1311, 1312, 1313
Number of flashes=Three flashes
Paper jams"

There is no jammed paper...

I tried holding the Orange button for 9 seconds to reset it, and nothing happens.

I have loaded fresh paper in, made sure all trays are stowed properly, and still it wont do anything but the alternating 3 blinks.

Can anyone help?
Many thanks

Matt

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The flashing is not the error code for paper jam. This is an operator call error code. This code only flashes the orange light the white light is on constantly. See this, click to enlarge:

iP7250 error.jpg

Your error code with alternating flashing the orange and white lights is a service call error code. The three times alternating flashes of orange and white means error 6000 which means the paper output is blocked or other printer error has occurred. The user manual is not very useful for solving this problem, it just tells to contact the service center, click to enlarge:

iP7250 error3.jpg

I tried googling "iP7250 error 6000" but found no useful answers, but I think the flashes mean something is blocked in the printer, by a paper jam or other cause.

kmb

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
cannon ip7250
ok just had this exact error on my ip7250, checked for a parer jam, all ok, tried blowing air through the paper paths, still 3 amber flashes.
I had nothing to lose at this point, was going to purchase a new printer.
so gave the printer a few whacks, turned it on...... and no flashing amber light !!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Many Canon printers use micro switches as sensors for output door open, lid open, inner tray open etc. These switches are not hermetically sealed and contact surfaces may corrode. Whacking the printer probably improved contact in a switch.

Latest posts