Canon Pixma ip6000D printer optimizer and color adjust settings ??

FRESHINK

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have favorite optimizer and color adjust settings they use for the Canon Pixma ip6000D printer as per its Direct printing guide manual page 29?

If so I also wish to know what brand(s) of paper you use and if its the original canon ink or the Hobbicolor ink I noticed had many favorable reviews.

I am looking for the absolute finest color print I am capable of making from this printer. I just purchased it in near new condition. Not worried about printer speed or text at all.

All help with information about this printer will be most appreciated.

Tom

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
FRESHINK said:
Hi,
Does anyone have favorite optimizer and color adjust settings they use for the Canon Pixma ip6000D printer as per its Direct printing guide manual page 29?

If so I also wish to know what brand(s) of paper you use and if its the original canon ink or the Hobbicolor ink I noticed had many favorable reviews.

I am looking for the absolute finest color print I am capable of making from this printer. I just purchased it in near new condition. Not worried about printer speed or text at all.

All help with information about this printer will be most appreciated.

Tom
Welcome to the forum :)
I did a forum search for you and there is a ton of information on this subject :
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/search.php?search_id=1377734968

Post page 29 if this doesn't answer your question.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
FReshink,

Welcome to this forum. One thing: keep your IP6000D printer as long as possible in good condition, as this printer does not use any chip and refilling is without any hiccups. Even with resetters now for the CLI-8/PGI-5 cartridges you still will face sooner or later with faulty chips, giving you headaching strange error messages like "there are more cartridges of colour XXX installed, please remove the cartridge" or "cartridge is not recognized, blablabla.....".

The best way is to produce custom tailored profiles for your printer in combination with your paper and your refill ink (i.e. Hobbicolors, Inktec or IS). Note: if your refill the original cartridges, the best way is flush the cartridges until completely clean, dry them thoroughly and refill with your favourite refill ink. Only then you will have consistent colours.

Paper quality is also very important to have the sharpest and vivid colours.

FRESHINK

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
What is the best way to purge an inkjet cartridge so its free of original Canon ink and ready to fill with Hobbicolor ink? Next question-- Where can I purchase pre purged cartridges to fit my Pixma ip6000D printer? Also can I put black ink into a pre purged yellow ink cartridge and have no problem or is that not advisable? I am just getting into this ---so all the questions.

I am sick of buying expensive ink and know that the as new Pixma printer I bought has no ink chip and is the least expensive as far as ink goes. I see that the Hobbicolor ink works excellent in the Pixma and by bulk refilling my own I really can print up a storm without ink cost worrys. I paid $35 a cartridge for original color ink for my old HP printer only to have its head clog up permanently.

Thanks for answering my prior questions.

Tom

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just look around on this forum and use the search option (cartridge flushing) or on the main page of nifty-stuff.com. Hobbicolors also sells refillable blanks for the BCI-6 based printers. I myself and many others on this forum favour original Canon cartridge for refilling. Note: in fact you can use even the newer CLI-8 cartridges to refill and put them in your IP6000D printer.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
pharmacist,

For those printing using CLI-8/PGI-5 chip, those chips errors msg such as 'there are more cartridges of colour XXX installed, please remove the cartridge" can be bypassed by using the resetter. Similarly, if user who is using original canon cartridge to refill and encounter those error msg such as 'cartridge is not recognized' etc, the resetter will be able to resolve the error msg. However if a user is using non original refillable cartridges, sometime some non-original refillable cartridges due to the manufacturing workmanship, some chip placement location is a bit out of alignment with the chip sensor, then the resetter will not be able to resolve the problem with 'cartridge is not recognized' msg.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lin,

I have reset many original cartridges and especially the yellow cartridge CLI-8Y is espcially sensitive to these problems. I tried to remove the chip and put it on the resetter, but still no go. Don't know about the reason causing this malfunction.