Printer Model
canon pixma 4000 - 5000
From China

Nokiaman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma 4000 - 5000
But dont know if canon made something wiyh there printers I have 2 ip 4000 and 2 ip 5000 and they all have problems with 5 orange blinks in the last month

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
From China
Buying refurbished print heads from China is like playing the Lotto, sometime you can come out on top (Just), but mostly these print heads fail in a very short time, and your money is lost..

You had some of the best old Canon printers ever made but once the print head goes out of stock, then it’s time to think about getting a new printer, it’s rare to find a new print head for those models and if you do they go for a couple of hundred pound each..

So you’ll have to decide which new printer fits your needs, and I reckon the only one that might would be the Pro 100, sorry I can’t give you the answers you were looking for..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Unfortunately, print heads long out of manufacture (like your printers) that are sourced from China are all too often refurbished and sold in counterfeit packaging as "new". It is luck of the draw on whether any of them function properly.

To complicate matters, the printer's logic assay board can go bad and may appear as if it is the print head that is malfunctioning.

Additionally, an electrically malfunctioning print head can propagate to the logic assay board and make it malfunction, too, and vice versa. Installing a new print head into a printer with a bad logic assay board may kill the new print head. This is probably a rare occurrence but who knows. :idunno

The only way to know is to try a new print head. Unless you get incredibly lucky and find one, the printer is now a paper weight. Time for a new printer.

You could try swapping the print head from your other machine, but it appears your once trust chipless printers have met their end. :(

Nokiaman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma 4000 - 5000
I have looked for new i China and they wrote new, but maybe not - I feel very unlucky

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

This is an example of a print head that is sold out of China, note the words “Made in Japan" have been removed” by them.. Counterfeit is Counterfeit…

Capture.JPG