Canon Pixma CIS system operates with constant ink pressure.

I see the problem. Most ciss are badly designed and made. They do not work well as Marriotte Bottle systems.
 
I have a Canon Pixma MP 640 and I read this whole thread and I'm a little confused. Should I get a CIS or no? If yes, which one? All this techie stuff is really confusing.
 
ghwellsjr said:
You sure you couldn't avoid the technical jargon a bit more there? :D...

As stated above... best not to go there... Refilling is a much more controllable and successful approach with less hair pulling... Plenty of resources on how and with what to refill but the main point is always use an OEM cartridge and refill that.
 
Darn it all, I really like the idea of the CIS. I guess, I'll remember that when I buy a new printer.
 
Recently bought Canon Pixma MP 560 and used most of ink up printing out the manual!!!
Have ink for refilling (JR) and have topped up cyan.
How can I get the printer to recognize there is now a full tank? I have seen mention of a chip resetting thingy 15 on ebay and somewhere seen that the chip just has a simple count down process. As an electronics engineer I would guess that a simple counter chip is used on the tank chip.
Counter chips have a 'reset' terminal which when it has a voltage applied will reset the counter back to zero. Can anyone tell me what voltage is used to reset the canon ink tank chip and between which terminals it is applied? (or am I barking up the wrong tree).
Is there a way to get the printer going again without resetting the chip???
I like the idea of the CISS for the MP 560, meaning longer between refills and so much easier to just refill the reservoir tanks than the syringe-into -the-ink-tank.......but guess that it is going to be just as cost effective to just refill the oem tanks?
Have seen 2 manufacturers of CISS for the MP560....1= FotoRite and 2=Lyson. Is one found to be better than the other?? otherwise will go for the cheaper of the two.
 
"Refilling is a much more controllable and successful approach with less hair pulling... Plenty of resources on how and with what to refill"
Can you point me in the direction of these resources?
 
This site is the definitive resource on refilling and why CISS and Canon just don't mix.
 
nippyink said:
As an electronics engineer I would guess that a simple counter chip is used on the tank chip.
Counter chips have a 'reset' terminal which when it has a voltage applied will reset the counter back to zero. Can anyone tell me what voltage is used to reset the canon ink tank chip and between which terminals it is applied? (or am I barking up the wrong tree).
Is there a way to get the printer going again without resetting the chip???
You are barking up the wrong tree. The chips in these cartridges have very complicated means to defeat someone from resetting them which is why you need to buy a resetter if that is what you want to do. There is a simple way to continue printing without resetting but it will void your warranty and disable your ink level detectors. Maybe someone else who has done it will tell you how. I've never done it.
 
To qwertydude
thanks but I was asking for pointers to particular posts........so many posts on and around the subjects that it takes hours and hours to get the answers reading through all those posts. I do a lot of advising and problem solving on a one make car forum and understand the frustration of people asking the same old questions repeatedly...........my solution is that I have definitive factual word documents that i can attach to an email or the forum.
Have now done it the hard way and and spent hours reading through most of back posts and think I have most of the answers.

To ghwellsjr.....thanks
Just need to know now how to enable my printer to print again having filled 2 carts and replaced one with new. (the man that invented the chip resetter, presumably not a Canon product!!, must have found out the electronic process of resetting to enable him to make one.) I thought I read somewhere that it was a printer programme that decided the ink level by means of receiving a simple count from the cart which incremented each time the cart was used? rather than the programme being in each cart and thus the cart only needs a simple reset rather than a complex coded signal.
I have the same problem with my Dell 924.....let the ink detecter get to the empty and there seems to be no way of getting printing back again even after refill.....so have to keep adding small amounts till overflow so ink level does not drop down the graded line indicators.
Yours wearily and not so nippy at the moment.
 
Back
Top