Canon OEM vs Inktec Ink print result

sbrads

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
iP4700
Those inner squares look identical to me. I've seen better similar 'illusions'. Here's one where the A and B tiles are the same shade of grey..
opticalillusiongreycheckers.jpg

RogerB

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro3880
Yes, and there are plenty more out there that show how good the human visual system is at making sense of things without being able to match colour or brightness. You must have a very educated eye if those squares look identical.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I agree with Roger & I'm not at all fastidious about colour management. My printing was hit & miss until I bought the Colormunki & now from the cheapest to the dearest papers I get consistent results.
As Roger also said it takes less than 30mins (20mins of that is letting the colour patches dry before measuring). The more tuned in to colour management will let their patches dry for at least 24hrs before measuring.
To me my simple form of colour management with the Munki is no less enjoyable than refilling cartridges successfully, it's a nice feeling to have everything working as it should be.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks Joseph I enjoyed watching that.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ted.com is a fascinating collection of talks.

While no person will be able to match the digital precision of a spectrophotometer, it is undeniable that there are people, albeit rare in number, who can manually distinguish color sufficiently to color manage on a professional level.

For the rest of us huddled masses, color management is based on someone else's work, using a spectrophotometer ourselves, or lowered expectations / denial as to what we can do on our own without the aid of a spectrophotometer.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I suppose we have to quantify "professional level" I can't imagine any quality output being produced with eye colour managment where colour is an important part of of the brief. Yes at the local printing shop that produces cheap business cards etc they may get by with eye colour management.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I think this is one of the better attempts to put a numerical value to an individuals colour vision capability.

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77

Although it is time consuming, if you take the test 3 times and average the results, you will have a pretty good idea of you own colour performance.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
rodbam said:
I suppose we have to quantify "professional level" I can't imagine any quality output being produced with eye colour managment where colour is an important part of of the brief. Yes at the local printing shop that produces cheap business cards etc they may get by with eye colour management.
I totally agree rod the local printing shops are full of the same guys that depend on electronic assistance
when individual colour decisions are required.
The iPhone, the iPod, the iPad, the spectrophotometer etc :ep
Emulator said:
I think this is one of the better attempts to put a numerical value to an individuals colour vision capability.
The perception of illusion is indeed a numerical individual value, so one should treasure it.. :old