Canon MX922 - yellow prints by itself but not with other colors

Trinity343

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
I'm trying to print a photo out today and found that the Yello ink was not printing out leaving everything with either red or blue tones from the other colors.

I checked the ink cartridge and it wasn't empty, though not full either.

i did 3 deep cleanings, 1 normal cleaning, and 1 alignment.

when i had it print the test page the yellow didn't show up.

i decided to print a yellow dot and it did print out the yellow dot. Then i created a Tricolor venn diagram of Red Yellow and Blue and printed it. the red and blue printed out by they yellow did not.

Any ideas as to why it would pring they yellow if it's the only color printing but not when there are other colors along with it?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
One other compromise with the aftermarket carts are that they do not have the features that the Canon cart has. One feature that I have seen that is missing and sometimes causes problems is the slotted separator wall. On the aftermarket carts, sometimes you will encounter a situation where, the carts appears to not feed ink, despite ink being present in the reservoir. If you refill it, it works again. Here is what is happening. The sponge is choking itself. It is sealing against the separator wall too well and is stopping air from entering the reservoir. Canon places slots there to ensure that air can go past the sponge and enter the reservoir to allow ink out. These slots provide greater reliability..however I believe it is a Canon patent and the aftermarket carts do not have these slots. To cure the situation, simply nudge the sponge away from the wall a bit by using a pointed tip or even simply knocking the cart on the table to "shift" it a bit.

These are the known issues surrounding these aftermarket carts and as long as you know the resolutions....then they can work well.

Please see if the above is occurring.

Trinity343

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
Please see if the above is occurring.
I'll give it a shot and see if that works. i am using a third party cartridge so that could make sense.

Though i'd think it would do it both while printing only that color and while printing with all colors....