Canon MX870

Peterpoose

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX870
I definitely paid minimum £280 for it but I remember paying closer to 400. I guess the price is irrelevant anyhows lol :)

Peterpoose

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX870
Tried a few times now and every time I turn it back on that light just flickers like mad continuously, no obvious flashes to count :(

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The MP 540 is a very basic AIO with no fax, no document feeder for the scanner and no CD print capability, so I might be comparing apples and oranges?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Tried a few times now and every time I turn it back on that light just flickers like mad continuously, no obvious flashes to count :(

I think this indicates the power supply is close to shutting down due to over current. This is most likely caused by a defective print head that has most likely also ruined the logic board. In case of a print head failure the service manual recommends that both print head and logic board are replaced. I think the cost of these parts plus labour will exceed the value of the printer :(

Peterpoose

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX870
Thank you for all your information guys :)

Yes the printer I have has a scanner, fax, copier and printer.

Ah well time for a new one I guess and I think I will be buying cheaper this time as this one is hardly used and cost me a fortune :(

Peterpoose

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX870
Any recommendations for a printer with WiFi and Scanner thats pretty cheap in the UK?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
? … I think we’ll need a lot more details than that from you to give any sort of answer to your question..:confused:

Peterpoose

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX870
Hi guys,

The last couple of days I have been unplugging and re-plugging after a while to see a possible pattern in the flashes.

All it does now is lights up and stays with the light on, no flickering or flashing?

Cheers

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I reckon your printer can’t get past post boot due to a fatal error and it won’t proceed till this fault has been corrected, most lightly a major electrical issue like (Logic board) !

Peterpoose

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX870
Thanks all, I binned it today and just bought a laser printer! Thanks a lot for trying to help me :)