Canon MP830 won't print clearly/not all the way

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Looks like somebody put pigment black in their dye black cartridge to me. It's going to take a lot of soaking and cleaning the print head to get that fixed. Possibly the pigment black is not Canon quality and has too large a pigment for this print head. Hope this helps. I'd definitely stop using that black ink and remove the print head and do a good cleaning on it.

krouchchocolate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
I have found that if the Windex that you put on a purge pad drains away immediately, you can do a nozzle check and then it won't drain away.

BTW, you should clean your purge pad outside of your printer before installing back in the printer. Soak it in Windex, don't just run tap water over it. After you think it is clean, put it to your lips and see if you can easily suck air through it. If you can't, you need to soak it some more in Windex. Then before you put the purge pad back in its rubber cup/holder, clean as much ink out of it as you can with cotton swabs. When you put the purge pad back in the cup/holder, place it so that the corner that is notched out goes in the left rear position.
what would happen if i put the purge pad in the wrong way? If the corner notch is not in the left rear position? I also did soak the purge pad in windex, then ran it through with tap water.

Is this what you mean?
5230_untitled.jpg

krouchchocolate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I also tried to do a auto alignment, but a error keeps on popping up. What's wrong with my printer now?